Lake Wylie 6-16

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by billfish76, Jun 16, 2007.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Wyliecat and I fished on Wylie this morning. We fished a couple differnt creeks looking for fish. Ended up the day around 11:30 with 20 cats and a few white perch. The weather didnt look that great, but it ended up being a great morning on the lake.

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice catch. Also had a great day on the water. I found the best bite in the creeks early and good fish on the main channel around noon.:big_smile:

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    WE tried some of the main channel humps around 10 or so with no takers. Did get a few bites but none came tight.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I had a great time. :big_smile:

20 cats is never a bad day, but there were some dead areas. The places that were hot produced, and the places that were bad were...well...bad.

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Found multiple slamming bites on the "humps" but fish size was better up the creek. Had a kid bring a 9 pound CC to the boat today. I did some fun fishing after the trip today and you know...those fish really pull hard.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im ready to go again in the morning. Plus I need to find some bait for next Friday night...

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I used the old saying LNB's taught me. Never leave biting fish. I worked the creek bite GOOD. It was a HOT bite early which surprised me. My best fishing has been main channel with the sun bearing down the past two weeks.

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Take it easy on us next week man. I am gonna be tired that night. Looking forward to catching some nice 'uns. Wyliecat will have to pick up my slack next Fri.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good to see y'all are finding some fish. I haven't fished Wylie this season so I guess I should pretty soon.

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Mudkip we left biting fish all day!! :big_smile: We were doing some searching to see what was happening. If I was on a guide trip I would have made circles in two of the places!!! :big_smile:

11. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Often the grass is browner on the other side :sad2:

The bite may also be time dependent. So the rate limiting factor may not be location but time of day. We will probably never know, and that my friend makes it even better. Life's little mysteries!

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...So the rate limiting factor may not be location but time of day..."

Very very true! I have seen that happen many times. Someone can fish an area and come up empty and then someone else can come through 2-3 hours later and rake them in. Of course there are also the variables of bait, boat speed, and all the other factors. I guess it comes down to finding the water that has the fish that like what you are doing!!

Fishing is kinda like finding a woman; you just have to find the one that likes what your throwing out!! :big_smile: