Lake Wylie 6.15.08 - 6.21.08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jun 21, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Overall bite: GOOD

Water temps on Lake Wylie have ranged from 80-83 degrees up in the rivers to 85-88 on the main lake. The South Fork has remained in the mid 90's all week. The clarity is good and there is minimal water flow.

Catfish are finishing up spawning in some parts of the lake, and larger fish are harder to come by in areas with water in the lower to mid 80's. It appears we are in the final stages of the spawn, and hopefully things should get back to normal within the next 10 days.

The best best bet for high number catches is to find schooled fish. Drifting can be uneventful for 30-45 minutes, but when you find schooled fish multiple hook-ups can happen in a short time.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thanks for the report Dieter. How long do you think the ramps will be open? I call Dukes lakeline last night and it sound like the lake is starting to drop a bit.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, this type of info is what makes the boc so valuable

4. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    Does anyone know anything about the water level at Allison Creek or Ebenezer? I hope it's still up. I'm going to try to ride by tonight before going in the morn. If anyone's around AC say "hey."

5. Giant SC Cat

Giant SC Cat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey guys im new on here but i live in Clover SC and fish lake wylie all the time i just got home from fishing on little allison in some coves and drop offs and caught some good fish the bigger ones from the drop offs! i i caught a 8 pound and a 6 pound cat drift fishing by goat island on the beach side also !! hope this will help !!

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Jason thanks for the feedback.

Scott, all of the ramps are open and the lake levels are fine. The lake is only about 5" below its target elevation.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Hi, Jason, and welcome to the BOC. Looking forward to seeing more of your reports :big_smile:

8. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Jason. What were you using for bait?