Lake Wylie 4-22-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by billfish76, Apr 22, 2007.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I put in around 6:30am and ran up to the hot hole in the Souht Fork. It was foggy and there is a lot of wood in the water. I started drifting around 7 and the bite was good. Between 7 to 10 I caught 13 channels and all were between 4 and 7 pounds. Then things shut off and I only caught 3 more but they were SMALL bules. All of them were caught of cut Bream in about 15' of water.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thats a pretty good bite there! Better than the night bite on Norman!! Seven pounds is a good one on Wylie.

3. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah, I'd be happy with 7lbers anytime. Thanks for posting. I'm gonna be up in that part of the river this friday night.

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I think Ill be there with you....

5. Tarheel Cat1

Tarheel Cat1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    billfish76 we were on Wylie Saturday morning too.Very foggy.I did catch 1 nice blue and 1 channel.1 small bullhead.Alot of nice bait fish though.I put both my fish back.Hubby was tired to clean 'em and I ain't doing that.But had a good time even though we thought we were going to get run over by them 4 speeders out there.Ought to show a little respect to others.Take care.Be Happy.Go fish.

6. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That's good, the more the merrier.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Mudkip and myself will be there Friday night too!!!!! This outta be fun. The weather looks good.

8. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    They're calling for storms tonight. So that probably means there will be all kind of limbs and crap in the south fork Friday night. That sucks. But it's better than it being stormy Friday night. I guess I'll just have to try and get where I'm going before it gets dark. Dodging logs as I go. Coming back on the other hand is a different story.