Lake Wylie 4-15

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by billfish76, Apr 15, 2007.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I put it around 9am and fished the upper half of Little Allison Creek. Caught 12 on cut Bream. 4 of them were 7lbs+. It seemed to be that 20' to 25' was the depth they were in. Only could stay out for a little so I fished untill 11:30. Glad I got off the water when I did. The skys opened when I got to the house.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like you were on a good bite ahead of that front. I looked at the NOAA weather data for the dates and times you were there and the baromoter started to drop right around the time you came off the water.

How do the fish know?!?!?!?!?!?! :confused2:

Twelve fish in 2 1/2 hours of fishing is a dang good catch rate!! Getting that many seven pounders is a good day too! Sounds like you are more than ready for the next tournament on Wylie. :big_smile:

Did you happen to see what the water temp was?

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    The temp was around 61. Im hoping to fish the next tournament unless something comes up.

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    That is a good report Cary and goes right along with WylieCat's findings. You are on your way Billfish!