Lake Wylie 2.11.08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Feb 11, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    After a weekend of baby duty and a sick wife I got out to fish Wylie today. Water at Catawba Creek was around 57 degrees and the South Fork was 67. Bluebird skies, light wind, highs in the upper 40’s, barometer 1025, and I fished from 1:30pm until 6:30pm.

It had the makings of a day NOT to fish.

I made several drifts and landed some really nice channel cats along the main lake channels. One was 8-0 pounds and the other was 9-2, and there were several in the 5-6 pound range. The fish had moved from the deeper main channel where they were on the last trip to shallower water around 16-18 feet.

Bait was more scattered than last week. I guess that can be attributed to the wind and the rising water temps.

I ended the trip with 22 cats. To put that in perspective, last year I caught 27 cats for the entire month of February.

2. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT IT GOING ON. GREAT DAY ON THE LAKE. SOUNDS LIKE THE FISH WERE READY TO FEED TODAY. THANKS FOR THE LAKE REPORT. SEE YA MAN.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Nice day I see, thanks for the report. I'm gonna go tomorrow, I will prolly catch the barometer going down for once. Maybe our luck will be better.

-Jim-