Lake Wylie 12.21.08 - 12.27.08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Dec 28, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Overall Bite: FAIR

Water temps on Lake Wylie range from 49 degrees in the river to 53 degrees on the main lake. The main lake has returned to the traditional “Wylie green”, with some stained water still remaining in the South Fork.

The bite on Lake Wylie is slower than last week. Fish can still be caught by the persistent angler, but the big catches are not happening right now. A great bite does not last forever, and it appears this one is coming to an end. While a big fish can be caught at any time, things appear to be turning towards a more normal December pattern.

Bait choice is not critical at this time. Basically any cut bait will produce fish, including shad, perch, and herring. Catches of 10-12 fish can be expected.

2. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report Dieter. I'm probably gonna do a little drifting mid lake this week.

3. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks man, problably gonna be doin a little fishin in mill creek tomorrow, all the way in the back, you ever fished there?

4. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fished the mouth of mill creek today but didn't catch any there. Caught a few on the ledges of the main channel. Over all bite was pretty poor.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    FYI, Plant Allen on the South Fork River appears to not be generating power. I was near there today and no smoke was coming from the stacks. I assume this is part of the conversion to the scrubber technology. So, there is no hot water in the South Fork. This has thrown a wrench in the the way things "normally" work on the South Fork and immediately below.