Lake Wylie 10.12.08 - 10.18.08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Oct 20, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Overall Bite: EXCELLENT

As good as it gets. :wink:

Thats the best way to describe the channel cat bite right now. These are the best conditions since spring. Water temps are around 72 degrees, and I am sure with the colder overnight temps will probably have dropped the lake a bit more.

Traditional cut baits are the way to go, and the best bait seems to vary from day to day. It is best to have a selection of cut baits, but all will work.

Afternoons have been much better than mornings, so no need to be up at dawn. No night fishing was done. Catches of 25-30 fish in six hours. The water is a bit too cold for skiers, so even the weekends may offer good fishing/boating conditions.

Be careful though, I did get bit by a bug in the cooler weather...the deer hunting bug!!! Off to the deer woods, so the fishing reports may be minimal for a while!! :smile2:

Be sure to check out the new Carolina Catfish Club website at www.carolinacatfishclub.com There are some great links on there for the Carolina anglers.

2. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    that bug use to bite me too but i rubed catfish slime on it and it didnt bother me no more:wink:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great time to be on the water, Congrats and good luck in the future

4. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :big_smile_2: Heck yeah, I was hoping you'd do a report this week. Can you point me in the general right derection or depth? I'm wanting to go friday.

I bet you've been drifting flats in the main channel.

Thanks

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That is funny Bruce. I would have never thought in a million years that 2 months into deer season and I havent been 1 time but i think I will give it a try this week.:wink:

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    That stuff must be contagious cause the same thing hit me about 3 years ago and havent stepped back in the woods since,I miss it sometime and then I think about the work that starts after you pull the trigger,thats the part I dont miss:wink:

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice report and right on target--feed bags are on!:wink:

8. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Fished a few hours today. Drifting Mid lake using shrimp. Took the kids they had a ball. Only got one fish all the way to the boat. (2 and 3 year olds reel slowly). We needed some cut bait, but we didn't get skunked with shrimp.