Lake Wright Patman

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by R. D. Hilton, May 3, 2009.

1. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    The catfish are biting well in shallow water here also. But they seem to be getting a little smaller in th last week or two. Have the larger ones moved out? Thanks

2. greg41

greg41 New Member

State:
    Tx
    My 11yr and I went 5-2-09 Saturday on caught 19 on rod and reel and had good size to them.Sat in the rain and did well .

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i've fished the sulpher river from talco to red river at doddridge ar. it is a great flathead and channel cat hole. even catch a good blue sometimes. but my favorite fishing hole is the red river. i've caught blues up to 54 pounds on rod and reel there in the past year. i'm gonna try for some flatheads in wright patman this spring on rod and reel. i know that it has a huge flathead population.

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    went and fished below the spillway this morning hoping to catch a few blues. maximum discharge is 10,000 cfs and they are releasing somewhere over 9000 cfs so there is plenty of good water. i had no trouble catching shad by the boatramp and i headed to the discharge area and started a slow drift downriver. i never got a bite. i guess the blues haven't moved up yet. the water temp was 74 degrees so it wont be long before the cats start ganging up here but they're not here yet. at least i got to get out of the house and enjoy the nice morning that we had.

5. greg41

greg41 New Member

State:
    Tx
    went rod and reel fishing thursday at Bassett creek at the picnic tables and fished 4hrs and caught 23.Fish are bitting good

6. catkid

catkid New Member

State:
    Lone Oak, Texas
    nice one

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    gonna hit the discharge at patman tomorrow. hope some blues have moved in.

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    didnt get a bite today still no blues at the spillway---did see some people fishing the flooded willows off the main channel catching some channel cats. i took a bass rod and some rattle traps with me this morning and caught a few white bass. water temp has dropped to 71 degrees.