Lake Wood

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ChrisCraig, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ChrisCraig

ChrisCraig New Member

State:
    Texas
    Has anyone fished on the lakes between gonzales and Seguin?

2. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I have fished lake wood often. There is a boat launch in the park down by the dam. Be careful at the launch and don't back your trailer too far off down the ramp. If you go too far, your trailer wheels will fall off the edge of the ramp and you will have a real problem getting your trailer back up the ramp with out causing major damage. The park has camp sites and the usual bait. They don't have live perch, but do have minnows. The other ramp is up the lake at Cost and that is the one I use the most. I fish up the river from there about 2 miles. There are lots of stumps and brush that hold lots of cats. Cut shad and live perch works best for the blues. The channel love earth worms. The yellows go for the live perch. Catfishjon

3. ChrisCraig

ChrisCraig New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks may go this weekend from Sat. to Tues. If weather holds.

4. ChrisCraig

ChrisCraig New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well, we went and did pretty good. caught about twenty fish in the 2-8lb. range. Fished three miles south of the cliffs up to the cliffs. Had a great time will be doing it again. If going for the day, I will be using the Cost ramp. That will turn a 12 mile boat ride into about 7.

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Question for you guys that fish Lake Wood, is the river part deep enough for a deep v boat or do you need to use a real shallow boat?

6. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I can go up to the next dam in my 14 foot jon boat. A 14 foot v-botttom could do the same. I see heavy fiberglass bass boats all the time on the lake. There are places on the lake that are always shallow for any boat, but the river doesn't get shallow till you are almost to the bridge and that is only one riffle to get over. There are some rocks under the water at that spot that can be hard on moters. Stumps are the biggest hazard on the river. Catfishjon