Lake Wilhelmina

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by db72, Aug 15, 2008.

1. db72

db72 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey...new to this board. I live close to Lake Wilhelmina and have fished it for brim for years, but never for catfish. Now I want to try for catfish. I'm open to suggestions. Carl

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    man carl, u have come to the right place, wait til poisonpits sees this, he is the man on wilemena

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Carl.

fishstick is right poisonpits and cassk both live up there in Mena and both fish lake wilhemena for cats. The fish I'm holding in my avatar I caught on that lake when I went up there to fish with poisonpits. Poisonpits has caught some nice cats out of there too and he is always glad to help out a brother and show em the ropes.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hi carl welcome to the boc.my names johnnie and i fish wilimena a lot.id be glad to give you some pointers if i can.

5. db72

db72 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the response. I would appreciate some advice on bait, rigging and whatever else you could tell me. We are going to fish rod and reel from my boat. I know the lake resonably well...(but I'm not asking for you to tell my your honeyhole :smile2:.) Some general information about depth and areas would also be appreciated.
    Carl

6. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hello Carl, welcome to the BOC, I fish Lake Wilhelmina all so, hope to see ya there someday.
    Cass

7. db72

db72 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks Cassk...I wouln't be surprised. I fish from a Fisher Marine, Marsh Hawk aluminum bass boat. It has a 75 Merc. If you see me, please say hey. I would like to meet you. Carl