Lake Whitney...

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by renji2476, Jul 15, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Hey there fellas,
    I am going camping this weekend at lake Whitney and I was wondering if anyone could give a few pointers? I would greatly appriciate the help! Last time I went I was out fished by my 5 year old hope it happens again but was hoping that someone could put us on some keepers if there are any pointers to be given? Thanks Guys I know I can count on ya'll!!

Jesse

2. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have never had any luck on this lake although I do not have a boat. Hope your luck is better than mine!

3. kheath

kheath New Member

State:
    Lake Whitney Texas
    What park are you going to camp at?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Did you have any luck with this trip. Please provide us with some feedback

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Check around the island in the lower lake. See if the cattle egrets are roosing in the willows. IF there is water UNDER the roost trees, you can use punch bait here and catch a ton of channel catfish. If there is no water under the trees now, and no egrets, then move out from the Island and graph the humps adjacent the sumerged Brazos channel.. You should be able to connect with some catfish here. If none of this works, look for swallow roosts (made of mud) along the BLUFFS, cats can also be caught under them. Good fishing' Luke Clayton

6. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Never been there Jesse, but Luke offered some fine pointers and an excellent direction for you to explore. Good Luck..

7. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Well guys I didn't do so well in the catfish dept. but I sure did tear up some sand bass!! I think that between me and my cousin we caught some thing like 44 or 45 sand bass!!!:eek:oooh: We just happened to be trolling in the same direction as the school was going I guess but we had a blast!!! I made it to the island with my t/m but since I just bought another battery I didn't want to push my luck too much. I now know that I can make it there and back with one battery and I can use the other battery to go around the island to find the best place to fish!! It worked out really well!!:cool2: Thanks for the info I think that you guys are the best!!!:smile2:

8. lwarchery

lwarchery New Member

State:
    Texas
    look for a dock near uncle gus marina that has a feeder you will catch a bunch there. The island is to far out of the water this year.