Lake Whitney in Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nathan king, May 24, 2006.

1. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    ok guys have boat will travel lol well going to lake whitney this weekend probably fri and sat and have never been on this one before wheres the hot spots

2. frosty_whiskers

frosty_whiskers New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went there once and got soaked for my trip, along with the other BOC members that were there that weekend. I don't recall any fish being caught.

I wish I could offer you some good suggestions. But I do wish you luck. I understand that there are some nice blues there.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Nathan, It's been years since I've been there but I do know the State Park has some nice fishin' spots and then the bluffs are great for small mouth bass too. We used to go behind the dam when I was a kid and my dad just loaded up on'em down there.
    Good luck and check with Leakyboat I think he fishes there and should be able to give ya a better idea where to go.

4. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Five inches of rain inside of a tent overnight ! NO FISH !!!

Due to a GREAT depth finder, I know it's 10'-15' deep from the camping area across the little neck on the other side. Thanks Sparky !!!!

Good luck Brother!!!

5. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    Check out the Catfish Insider Mag and read the article about Whitney. I have done well in and around the borrow pits at the end of the State Park and also upstream from the island out from the state park. Head up the lake towards the first big turn on the rock bluffs. I have caught the most blues about half way to three quarters of the way towards the big turn. Go out to the edge of the first drop off, the blues have been suspended. If fishing at night use your graph the blues will be easy to find.

6. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well went out on whitney well tried too anyway the wind was at 25 to 30 and we couldnt hold so we fished the brazos that runs into it caught all channels from 2 to 7lbs i spanked everyone by atleast 9 fish both days my biggest being a wopping 7lb channel boy its been awhile since i caught a channel that big funny thing was never even seen a blue for 2 days man and i covered some good water all the way back to where the well cant remember the other river was called but it started with a N and it flows into the brazos anyway i'll try and get back down there in another week or so caught em all on DKs.

7. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well guys im looking for a good guide to take me out on whitney to put me on some good blues trophy that is does anyone know of someone to recomend?

8. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well i'll hit it again anyone know of a good guide for lake whitney? :sad2:

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Nathan, your best bet is ti check with the locals out there about a guide.
    I've only been out there once and the lake was closed due to some kind of moss problem killing the fish.
    I know there are a few locals out there that can help put you in touch with a guide.

Good luck brother

10. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well went out again but i couldnt buy a bite this time around,, guess i need to hit it more often fishing report no luck but thats how it goes:embarassed: