Lake Whitney failure..

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wneubauer, Mar 22, 2008.

1. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Anyone planning to bank fish on Lake Whitney should consider simply sitting on the shore watching the birds... I fished there last week along with some other guys camping where I was at, and in 4 days (not counting tuesday, the monsoon day...) and with up to 9 poles in the water at any one time between us, I had 2 bites, and another guy caught a buffalo... that was it. We were fishing off McCown Valley Park right near the Katy bridge... Very depressing...

Can't wait for spring!

2. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    seen ya on the LLFF wneu with a similar post.. No worries, just a bad day. You'll slay em next time..
    BR,
    Lou

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    whitney is a tough lake to fish from the shore, if u have access to a boat it can be a GREAT lake though. Or if u go to the STATE park by the bridge, that is good from shore on the far west end this time of year. The prob with Whitney is that in the winter you can do AWSOME from the shore in about 5 spots. In the spring u can do AWSOME in about 10 spots but they are WAY far away from each other. Also try soldiers bluff in the rocks by the dam for good channels this time of year.
    U need to be fishing the 5' water range on warming days this time of year and the 10-20' when a front blows in.

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I guess i'm whining a bit.... Still makes you grumpy, though...

5. alp-chaser

alp-chaser New Member

State:
    texas
    Yeah last week was a bummer we camped at Meridian for three days and nobody I talked to there had any luck,the Leon river was no better I caught one small flathead Thursday morning and that was it.