Lake Whitney - caught some big catfish and big drum!

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TexasCatfish, Apr 16, 2006.

1. TexasCatfish

TexasCatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went camping thursday through sunday this weekend at Lake Whitney and caught some good sized channels along the way (and some big drum :p). Had a good time. Biggest was about 10 lbs.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Sounds like ya had a great time. I'd like to get back down there again sometime. Have you ever fished below the dam ?
    I remember when I was a kid my dad would take us down there and he would catch some big cats (or maybe they just seemed big to a lil' kid) :baffle: ........

3. TexasCatfish

TexasCatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    No, I haven't actually. I should go and check that out next time I'm down there.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ah, Whitney brings back memories. I used to catfish there when I lived in Arlington years ago. We had a camp lease along the Brazos upsteam of Whitney. Great location to fish where the camp was. Nice sandy beach with a large bluff on the other side of the river and a deep hole right in front of us. The owner had a ramp several hundred yards upsteam, also. Did a lot of catfishing at night after fishing for sandies all day upstream at the ripples.