Lake Waurika tips

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Guido, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Guido

Guido New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey hows everyone doing? I am going to be fishing Lake Waurika in Oklahoma. Does anyone have any tips or hot spots that I should look for? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

2. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    With the warm front that went through this weekend the bite is very slow!!!!! The blues are almost imposible to get to from the bank this time of year. I have been haveing my best luck about 100 - 200yrds north of the dam and off the point north or beaver creek landing useing fresh cut shad.

3. Guido

Guido New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Brad I had given up on this thread. I will keep your advise handy. Thanks again

4. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Im still pretty new here.. but i went out to waurika this past sunday.. got there about 6am and had lines in the water just before sun came up..

I was hoping to get out to a point with some south winds.. but i completely forgot to watch the news before i left.. when we got there the winds were coming out of the NW.. the shad were not be had.. i brought some frozen ones i had and we caught 4 blues within the 3-6lb range..

Had a good time overall but just wish we could have gotten into some more fish..

Has anyone else been out there recently?

Ken