Lake Wateree

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bomber, Mar 12, 2008.

1. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    How's the fishing been at Wateree lately. I was going to head out their this weekend.

2. captinparker

captinparker New Member

State:
    SC
    Cant help you. Havent been there in awhile

3. SC-SCOUT

SC-SCOUT New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Have you had any luck with the crappies lately? I am guessing they should be into the creeks by now?

4. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    I fished saturday in a small tourny with 11 boats,I think everyone caught fish but not near as many big fish as last months tournament.Water was still muddy and the wind was tough.There was a 37,a 30 and 20 lber weighed in and released,most other fish were in the 3- 4 lb class.Mostly blues caught on my boat,had only 3 channels.Water is around 55 deg..

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Glad to see ya made it out Sam:wink:,enjoyed having you and congrats on your finish,it was some mighty tuff fishing for sure for everyone,hopefully next months will be better bite wise,they out to be hammering it pretty good by then:big_smile:

6. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Marty,its hard for me to think that its almost the end of march and saturday was the first time my boat had been out(except for putting up some wood duck boxes in ponds) this year.Those big ancors gave me a workout,I moved 9 times,caught fish at 6 spots,the first 5 spots in a row,about 10;00 it slowed down to a crawl.I got one big white perch.I dont know if I will be able to make the next one,that the last week of keeper season in the roanoke and I just may be there,been there that week the last 7 years.Last year was a bad year,I hope this one is good up there..I still got some stuff that I'll throw in the pot for the next one I fish.I am trying to talk David into giving something from the prop shop..I'm gonna come up with a spotlight,some lead and mabey some hooks. sam