Lake Wateree

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by matt8823, Feb 5, 2008.

1. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am head up to Wateree on Thursday around 12:00 once I get out of class. I was wondering if anyone has fished there in a while and have you been able to catch shad?

2. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    Matt,

I fished it sunday from Taylor Creek Landing to the Crdar Creek dam and did not catch anything. Their were several of us and noone caught anything. I did see one other boat catch 1 nice one near that 65 foot hole past wateree creek but not much else happened. We were able to catch shad near colonel creek landing.

3. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks. My lake house is near Dutchman's Creek. So I am gonna be fishing that area since i am going to be fishing alone. I am gonna catch some bream at a pond near my house just in case i cant finad in shad in my area.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck to you Matt.

5. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well fellas i am getting ready to leave my house in columbia in the next few minutes to head up to wateree. I hope i catch some fish and wish me luck. I will tell y'all how i did when i get back tonight.

6. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Does anyone know if Cedar Creek landing off hwy 97 is open?

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    we used it about a month ago and it was fine,and that was before the lakes started coming back as much as they have,I'm sure they are fine now,heard a report that the water was fairly muddy and alot of trash floating in the river area,2 weeks ago when we were down we used watere creek and came in that way and there was a good bit of trash and logs floating

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Hope you do well and report how you do. I'm planning on going next Wednesday with a local EMT in tow because he hasn't ever been catfishing before.

9. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I rode up by wateree dam today while I was trying to get some shad behind the dam and they were letting off water all day, the lake is full and I bet they were atleast 1000 birds in front of the dam but they were just floating around.