Lake Wateree

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RiverratSC, Nov 10, 2005.

1. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I plan on being on Wateree Saturday Nov.13. My boat is supposed to be ready tomorrow so I'll be fishing Saturday. If anybody is down that way give me a holler when you pass by me. I'll post a report either Saturday night or Sunday.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Went to Wateree today and it was a bit windy. Did manage to catch two good fish though, a 12 lbs and 28 lbs blue cats. Fished with what appeared to be gray goldfish, costly little boogers to at $14.84 for two dozen. It was to cold for me to throw my cast net.

Attached Files:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good to see you back out on the water, Thomas. Nice fish, too.

4. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Riverrat....where did you buy you're bait at Wateree? Spose they'd work for stripers?

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I bought them at Cedar Creek store. I would think they would work pretty good and one big plus is they stay alive a long time.

6. crazedidiot

crazedidiot New Member

where did you go in wateree

7. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    nice fish there Thomas!! glad to see somebody out there is fishin!!!
    great cattin to all!!!

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I went yesterday with my fishing partner and we only caught one channel cat about pound. The wind was rather rough and it kept blow the anchors up. I'm not giving up though but I think my partner doubts me now because both trips that he has been to the lake hasn't produced any big fish. I think he jinxed me because we hardly ever do any good when we are trying to find good fish.

9. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    don't feel bad Thomas! unfortunately thats the way it goes, i usually wear them out when i'm by myself! but every time i take a friend i get skunked??? go figure???

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Last time I fished there I only caught one, but it was the 29 pounder in my avatar.