Lake Wateree

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by gotta go, Apr 4, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    My stepson and i went to Wateree Lake last night and tried it out up in Cedar creek area. Tried with the anchor out and a little drifting also but couldn't do anything right. 1 nice Blue and a few runs for all our effort. It sure was a beautiful night and seen a few others on the water. Can't beat that night fishing. Anyone else done any good on Wateree??

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the report Dean,Jeff and I went down to Cedar Creek Yesterday AM to do a little Striper fishing to change up the pace a little,The Striper bite wasnt hitting on much in the AM:confused2:,we never did land one,a friend of ours was also down and he landed 3,only about 3-4lbs each,from the reports we have heard the Striper bite has been the best in the late evenings but we had to go when we could,we caught 6 channels fishing with cut bait on the bottom,so it was a skunk anyway:crazy:,as you know the water is still very muddy and they were pulling water all morning,there were probably 40 boats up in the river run Striper fishing,we called it a day about 11:30 and came on back,Cant wait till the 25th,ought to be a real good crowd and weigh in:wink:.

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Ya guys did all right. My wife and i went back today playing around catching some little fish, something to pass time. The water was to bad to get out on the lake and fish. That wind was a whooping it. Was going to drift some but the wife said she was getting sea sick:smile2: I may be able to give some kind of report after next week because we are going to the state park and stay 4 or 5 days, Kids spring break, i can't wait. The water needs to clear up some, it was muddy all the way up to June Creek today.
    I haven't fished for stripers in a long time now, what ya guys use for bait?? shad?

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yea we was using 5-6" shad,live and cut as well as trying cast some at em with Bucktails and Little Fishies,the bite was way off from what it had been.
    We got a tourney on Wylie Saturday night and then we will be back down to Wateree the following weekend to prep for the 25th tourney.Hopefully the water will stabalize good before then.Good luck on your trip next week,hope you catch some big uns:wink: