Lake Wateree Tournament Results 12.12.09

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Dec 12, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Carolina Catfish Club Lake Wateree Tournament Results
    1) Jeff and Marty Green: 75.6 pounds
    2) Jeff Manning & Wayne Lingerfelt: 67.6 pounds
    3) Dieter Melhorn: 60 pounds
    4) Cary Vanden Broecke & Matt Barrett: 53.2
    5) Eric Jenkins & Marya Maloy: 51.8
    Big Fish: Dieter Melhorn 44 pounds

We had a great turnout with 14 boats, and that may be our largest for a club tournament. Some folks were on fish from the start, while others struggled to find a consistent bite.

The big fish seemed to bite all day with some folks catching them early, some were caught around lunch, and the largest came 45 minutes before the end of the tournament. All of the bigger fish came from anchored boats. No particular area of the lake produced big fish better than another. 25+ pound fish were caught from Cedar Creek all the way down to the Colonel Creek area.

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Awesome weights & congrats to :worship:Team Green.Even 5th place was a great weight!

Did the majority of you guys sit on anchors all day??!!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Our day satrted off good, we(Matt) got our first fish around 8am and it was a 27.8lb blue. Thought the bite was going to be good. We (Matt)got our 2nd fish around 12:30 and that was a 24lb blue. That was it for the day for us. I didnt get to pull one in today. Lots of bites and pull downs but no connections. We anchored all day in 4 differnt spots. Our fish came from the first and second spots we tried. It was still alot of fun and I cant wait for the other series to start up in January. Thanks to all who showed up to fish today...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  4. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Congrats to all the winners. Sounds like most of you had a good day .

5. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    me and my partner wayne done the working fishing trip today :crazy: we pulled the 2 37lb anchors 9 times today catching atleast one decent blue from every hole but one,and boy i can feel it in my arms:tounge_out::smile2: we caught most our fish in the first 10min after set up :crazy::big_smile: and usually we would give it 10 to 15 more min. if nothing we moved on most times less than a 100 yards it seemed it was best to move the bait and spark interest both our 30's came from the same chain of humps one before 8am and the other around 2pm with a couple teens and one almost 20 scattered in the middle. there was no set bait pattern they hit about everything at one time or the other :eek:oooh: the depth of choice was 20-25' near deep water drops. gret turnout and thanks to all that fished

i think we should look into having the nonmember option in all the tourneys it did spark alot of interest in the club and the tourney :big_smile:

and last but not least great job prez on the play by play and another smooth weigh in

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well here is the scoop on Team Greens day for all of ya that dont know what happened today.The morning started off good,we left out at 4:30 am and headed to the bait guys and picked up bait,had a good ride down,talked about our game plan for the day and such.Made it to Dutchman Creek about 5;45 and joined the others for a good breakfast and chat,went out to back the boat down in the water and our good morning went downhill fast,I backed Jeff and the boat down in the water,Jeff turns the switch,NOTHING but clicking,wont start,we and others mess around with it for 45 minutes or so and come to the conclusion that the Starter had went bad,just had it in the water Sunday and his boat ran great.Well we were in a bind then,either get our entry back and head home or come home and get my truck and pontoon and return to fish.We chose to come home and get mine natrually.So we made the 70 mile round trip back to Rock Hill and changed over and was back at Dutchman Creek at 9:30,put mine in and she didnt wanna crank at first but she finally fired up and off we went to our first hole.
    We get there at about 9:50 or so,bait out and chunk em out.Well I sit down to have me a much needed cup of Hot Chocalate,get the Thermos out and somehow the Thermos had gotten broken,it was slam full of the glass in it,so I went to saying many bad words as my luck continued south.while I was in my fit.Jeff glances back and one of my Eagle Claw rods is slamming the the water.I rush back and grab it.Went from cursing to praying in a matter of seconds,Hello 41 lber.look around and Jeff has rod with a bite,not much pull but a hog,Hello 34 lber,so in a matter of 5 minutes we went from near tears to jubilation.We caught a totalof 11 fish all day and got worried there that our 2 fish would not hold u to Bowlerman and Waynes from talk on the radio.but they did and Victory was finally ours.
    What a great tourney,thanks to the Carolina Catfish Club on a good one,we had a blast in the end.We even made it home with no problems and $364 dollars in our pockets.
    Personally I wanna thank the Lord for the victory,couldnt have done it with out him,I have been having a hard time lately and had some back luck in the last 4 months,first I had my shoulder operated on,had my house broken into and then Me and the wife are going thru a seperation right now,so I was really looking for a pick me up,catching nice fish and winning along with fishing with great friends was the ticket today.Thanks again to all who fished and who helped with the boat troubles this mornin,We had a blast,See yall in January when the Catawba Catfish Club Starts up again at Wateree.
    Here is a few pics from a my cam,maybe the Prez will post up some too:

Attached Files:

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    And a few more

Attached Files:

8. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Marty pretty much summed it up.Thanks everyone for the help.What a great tournament:big_smile::big_smile:

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    THAT'S HARDCORE. Congrats Marty and Jeff! Perseverance IS the key!

Bill in SC

10. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    congrats to all who fished the tourney ,wish i could have fished this one . you all are great people to fish with i fished the wyile tourney had a blast ( no fish but a very nice time ) it,s nice to get the money but just to fish with these guys makes everyone who does a winner

11. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    it was good to see alot of new faces at the tourney. I apologize for not making the rounds and introducing myself. :eek:oooh:
    Eric and Marya-great finish, Katman and skiff1, nevets and partner. Hope to see you again and meet you.
    I am probably missing a few new ones.
    Roundhill, Dean and sunbird-glad you could make it up as well.
    Dale and Nancy-glad you started fishing with us this year.
    Hope you all can make it to all the tourneys next year.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Great Tournament with a bunch of good people. Look forward to fishn many more.

Wish i had made a left turn instead of a right turn:smile2:

13. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Congrats to Marty and Jeff on one heck of a win! After a day like that you two deserved it. Great tourny by the Carolina Catfish Club!

14. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    look foward to seeing everyone next time congrats to marty an jeff on the win an congrats to dieter on the big fish thanks carolina catfish club

15. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    it was a good turn out hope to fish more in 2010 thanks ccc :big_smile: