Lake Wateree tomorrow?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by johnboy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    can anyone tell me if the lake is still liquidy mud.....couple of weeks ago it was so muddy, i actually caught some fish, but couldnt find any bait....anyone got any thoughts?

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am not sure about how muddy it is, I haven't been there since last Thursday and it was still muddy then. As far as bait, I caught white perch around Wateree creek bridge and I can pretty much always catch shad up in Dutchman creek.

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Yes, Wateree is still muddy. It's not as bad as the river, but it's still muddy. I caught shad yesteday at Wateree Bridge. Water temp was 54.5. Didn't have any problem catching the bait. Hope this helps.

4. banks

banks New Member

State:
    south carolina
    just left watree caught my limit of stripper and two blues over 30 lbs in 2 hours. Caught the strippers on fresh shad and the cats off of perch.:big_smile_2:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man Jason you are mine kinda of man talkin my kinda of talk now. Strippers on Shad I like those dancing ladies and if they take shad as payment I am in buisness.J/K LOL:smile2::smile2::smile2: Good report thanks.

6. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    banks,iam going tomorow.did you fish the river or the lake:cool2: