Lake Wateree Report from 9/29/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Sep 30, 2007.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Me and Jeff went down and fished wateree last night with a few other other folks,the wind was up a bit to start,but settled down after dark,we started drifting at the mouth of wateree creek and headed up towards the state park,the bite was real slow until about 11,we had only 3 up till then after 5hrs of fishing,the bite picked up and we ended the night at 1:30 with 22 fish,about 1/2 blues and 1/2 channels,biggest was only around 10lbs,water temp was 78,all fish caught on cut shad and herring,we never did anchor,we drifted all night to try and cover more water,the big bite just wasnt around,the biggest fish that i heard for the night was 16lbs,was a good night out as it had been a few weeks since i had been,hopefully the big bite will pick up soon when we get good into the fall pattern,water at wateree is still pretty good,ramps were still in good shape,dont know the exact #s,but to me it didnt seem no more than a foot or two lower than normal

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Not to bad. Monday I fished 7 hours with only three small fish so y'all done better than me.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Fished Wateree Saturday from 0830 until about 2pm. We used cut gizzard shad and white perch fillets. The perch were hit the best followed by gizzard shad heads. We had a great day. Our 3 biggest fish were 11, 11.5 and 29 pounds. We also got into some quality channels weighing 6-8 pounds. On the big flat between Taylor and Wateree Creek we caught mostly small blues from 2-4 pounds and quite a few small channels which were slender looking. The big fish bit across from Singleton toward the Dutchman Creek Bridge, The hot depth was about 18 feet. There was a pretty strong wind (8-14 mph) blowing toward the West across the lake making for a perfect drift. ALL the white perch you want to catch across from Taylor's Creek on a 10 foot hump near the river channel. At times the fish were breaking on top of the water.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad that you had a great night, Marty - 22 fish is a bunch!

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on your finish too Marty.