Lake Wateree Report for 4/18

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by NABO, Apr 20, 2008.

1. NABO

NABO New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Went to the lake at 5pm .....my brother and I fished near the turned over island....water temp was 64 degree...used shad and crappie filets as bait ... 12 ft deep...didn't get any bites but when we start to reel in to move to other area, we hooked up someone else's trotline (looks like it has been there for long time). It got approx. 15 cats and a 35lb blue on it. We didn't like what we saw, the 35lb one was injured while fighting to get off of the trotline. The trotline cut through it's mouth and eye. We released it. Also We found a dead (maybe 10lb) striper on it too. I wish trotlining is illegal!!!!:angry:

Anyway, We moved to the mouth of the wateree creek, we caught 8 blues and 2 channels. The biggest one is approx. 10lb. We had fun but disliked what we saw earlier....

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Your a good man! Rep points headed your way!

3. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Nathan,Im glad you got on some fish,like I told you just hang in there,you will learn stuff each time you go..Was the trotline marked in any way? If it wasn't I hope you cut it so the jack leg that set it dont get to use it anymore.