Lake Wateree Report 01-05-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by matt8823, Jan 5, 2008.

1. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My father, my brother, and myself left friday to go up there. We went out friday as the sun was going down to try and catch some crappie to use for bait. We didnt catch any cause it was really cold and we didnt stay out long. so when we got back to our house we fished off of our dock to try and catch some white perch. we caught one so we called our neighbor and he said to come over in the mourning and he would fix us up. so we went over there in the mourning and he gave us a few crappies and a few perch. so we went out fishing about 9:00 and tried a couple of spots close to our house, which is about a half mile from dutchman's creek marina. At our first spot by the mouth of singlton's creek, we didn't catch any fish. then we went up the lake towards the Camden Dam and fished in about 15 feet of water and caught 2 half pound fish so we left and went further up the lake. At our next spot is were all the action happend. there were a couple people striper fishing and right as they went to leave my dad's rod with a crappie head on it took off sliding across the rail on the back of our pontoon boat. He snatched it up and i told him to lossen the drag because i knew it was a big fish. After fighting the fish for about minutes we finally got it to the boat. It was a a very nice 32 pound blue cat. after that we didn't catch anything worth mentioning. overall that fish made our day, and we plan on going back next friday if i don't have to work.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on a nice Lake Wateree blue cat!!! :big_smile:

3. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Nice catch, congrats!

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Awesome fish. Way to go!

5. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good trip nice fish.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Catchin' those bigguns is always fun, isn't it? :big_smile:

7. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on the nice blue!:big_smile:

8. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks everyone for the congrats. Friday i hope to catch one even bigger. There is a small pond down the road from my house in columbia and i am gonna go catch some bream in it to use for bait. hopefully this time we will be able to find some shad.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good deal. Glad to hear somebody catching good fish.

10. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i forgot to mention that the water has come back up a good deal since it last rained. i dont know about any boat launches being closed cause our boat was already in the water, and we have our own boat launch.