Lake Wateree Report 01/03/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Jan 3, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bruce and I loaded up this morning joined by his brother Steve and headed to Wateree. This is a new cat fishery for us and wanted to learn as much as possible today. We ended the day with 20 nice cats. A few small ones, some 5 to 10 and a 19.2, 19.6 and 21 lber. At lunch Dieter, Marty and Jeff Green, Billfish76, Bluedevil, Bruce, Steve and I all ate lunch together at the marina:big_smile: That was super cool! and fun! Pop Pop really enjoyed it!:wink: I see now why the Catawba Club Tournys are a success and why there growing. Its because they have such great people involved. Looking forward to Jan, 31:wink:

Bruce will post a few pics later.

2. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Glad you enjoyed your day Pop Pop. A very good post:wink:

3. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    It was great to see all of you today on Wateree.Some real nice fish was caught.Hope to see all of you soon again.

4. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    here are the 3 biggest,and it was good to see the guys from the boc ,and thanks to marty and jeff for all your help

Attached Files:

5. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    and last but not least heres.......the pop pop:smile2:

Attached Files:

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    glad to see you had a better day than I did we fished the congaree an wateree river today I only caught 4 fish all day wish I would have stayed at home maybe I could have joined yall at lunch the catfish stew and corn bread meal is great looking foward to the 31

7. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Sorry I missed you Pop Pop, Bruce and Steve. I will have to meet you next time. Was on the lake with the CCC today but stayed on the lake and left early afternoon. My parents were in town and had to bug out early.
    Hope to meet you next time.
    Your catchin was better than mine.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    New lake , yet still a good job....How the hell you do that ? LOL.....

9. critter68

critter68 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Congrats! Sounds like a pretty good day on the water and lots of new friends to enjoy your time with. I just started getting out on the water here in northern VA on the Potomac and have lots of great new friends (and caught lots of nice fish) One of my new friends went out today and asked me where he should go since he is pretty new to the river. He didn't catch anything until about 3 PM or so but ended up with a 10, 33, 40 and 42 in the last 2 hours! Then on the way back he ran up on a mud flat - had to have a little more excitement before the day ended! :smile2:

PS He's ready to fish again!

10. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well it took me awhile to get online tonight,came home to a crashed computer,had to reload everything:confused2::crazy: and lost pretty much everything,luckily most was saved:wink:
    It was a fair day on the Lake for us Green Boys,we ended up with 10,biggest went 12.2 and 1 that went right at 11 and got smaller from there.Big bite was hard to get today,the Bait was there and the fish were there,I guess the Hunger wasnt.
    PopPop,Bruce,Steve it was great to spend some time on the water with you guys and BS some at lunch,seems like Team Smackdown can go anywhere and lay it down,You all are gonna be tough come Tourney time,its gonna be a fun year with the Smackdown guys fishing em,I cant wait myself.:wink:

11. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    It was hard for us to get a bite all day. Like Marty said the bait and fish were there, just not hungry. It was nice to meet PopPop, Bruce, and Steve. Im looking forward to fishing with them again during the tournaments.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <We ended the day with 20 nice cats..

NO WONDER you couldna get to yer phone when I called yesterday mornin'!! :wink:

BB in SC

13. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    We ended up with 13 fish average size was alot smaller than earlier in the week. no big uns really I took my sister and cousin and my sister had one in12-15 lbs range come off at the boat. She blamed me cause I took my time getting the net, but it was fun because it was her first cat trip maybee that make her want to come back and actually land a good fish.

14. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I think Bruce and Pop Pop carry those fish around with them too show off.:smile2: There pet fish and they love having there picture taken.:smile2:

15. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    James,You ought to come up and join us on some of the Tourneys this year,with Team Smackdown preparing to fish most of em,We gonna need all the help We can get to keep em from running off with all the 1st place money at each one.Them Boys are tough.:eek:oooh:

16. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Way to go Team Smackdown!!:eek:oooh:

Havin a Smackaroo good time!:wink:

Can't wait to hit the tourney trail with all the Brothers!
    Bruce, Pop Pop and Steve I'm sorry I missed ya'll yesterday, glad you did well and it's almost time to put the HEAVY Smackdown in effect.

Seatbelts Required !!!!

17. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Always nice to go to a new lake and still find some fish....great job and glad to see wateree is getting more and more consistent.

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It was good to see eveyone and I enjoyed having lunch at Dutchamans Creek with you guys. Thats a good way to take a nice break and warm up for a bit.

I put my two big fish in a basket, so I hope they live until the tournament. :wink:

19. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    As long as "Flop" someone don't find'em, You should win!:smile2:

20. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I heard he was too busy with Go Kart Racing now:crazy:,I heard he has a prototype Go Kart with a vinyl siding enclosure around it,with planer bobbers on the right side corners to help with wedge:confused2:,supposed to be the fastest kart on the track,now its gonna be World Record Karting with Team Flop...:smile2::smile2::smile2: