Lake Wateree Play By Play Report 12.12.09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Dec 12, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    3:30am

28 °F
    Humidity: 78 %
    Wind Speed: Calm
    Barometer: 30.53" (1034.6 mb)
    Dewpoint: 22 °F
    Visibility: 10.00 mi.

It's gonna be a chilly day on the lake!!!

2. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    0742am

All boats are on the water, except. Team Green had engine failure. They are headed home, but only to get another boat!! What a crew!! Never give up!!

We have a total of 14 teams, and a lot of none members.

The points leaders drew spot # 13, so we will see if they can shake that for a tournament win and a sweep of the series.

Winds are calm, it is cloudy, and chilly. Should be a great day of fishing.

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    0850am

Game on!

Fish are biting good today. Lots of good fish have been caught in the first couple of hours.

If you don't have at least 30 pounds there is no need to come to the scales today. Looks like the big fish bar has been raised for the series to 30+ pounds.

Unofficially it will take 50+ pounds to take the lead, but one good fish could do that here.

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the updates, its cool to see how things are progressing:big_smile:.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    1010am

No major catch updates. Lots of boats running around, and it appears equal numbers are drifting and anchoring.

Everyone is reporting catches, but only a few are hooking tournament winners so far, or so they say.

Capt. Ron Howard reports catching fish, just no big ones yet. He claims he does not have a winning stringer, but Roundhill can turn that around at anytime.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    1057am

Did I say Game On???

When it's your day, it's your day. When its not, give it time.

The bar has been raised. Looks like it will take 70+ pounds to win, and 50+ pounds to get some money.

The good news for the points leaders is that a new series "big fish" of 40+ pounds has been caught, and it was not by one of their pursuers.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    102pm

It looks like 70+ pounds is in the lead. Lots of folks are saying the bite has died off. The wind has picked up slightly, but so far no rain.

A large portion of the boats ran south, so it will be interesting to see if that plan paid off. So far it seems that anchoring has produced the big fish.

I spoke with Bowlerman a while ago and he is holding around 50 pounds. Billfish76 is slightly behind him in the mid 40's.

Then there is poor Team Green with their broken boat. They made it back with a spare boat, set up to fish, and Marty said he dropped his coffee thermos and broke the glass liner!!! What bad luck!!

Two hours to go, and then we will see if there are any surprises.

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Surprise!!!

Looks like you will need 60+ pounds to take home money. Someone else has put a near 40 pounder in the boat, so now it is too close to call.

Right now it looks like first and second will be in the 70 pound range.

9. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    211pm

I just put a 45 pounder in the live well. That's only my third fish all day. That should put me around 60 pounds. Not enough to win, but respectable.

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    What a weigh-in!!

We had 14 total teams and five of them topped the 50 pound mark.

Team Green, even with the boat failure, managed to find a winning stringer of fish on their first spot. They won with a whopping 75.6 pounds for two fish!!

Bowlerman managed to pull out second place with 67.6 pounds, and I was third with 60 pounds and big fish of the day at 44 pounds.

More later including a rundown of the points!!

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Way to go Green Team on a fine victory!:wink: Also congrats to everyone else. Looks like some good fish was caught to day.

12. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    way to go team green :smile2: glad you boys had a good day i am glad you got that wateree monkey off your back. it was a good day to be out with friends on the water i hope everyone had as fun a day as we did. hope to see everyone in jan. here are a few pics of our fish in the boat jacuzzi(livewell)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  13. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    We couldnt find biting fish early but we were drifting. All the big fish today came from anchoring.
    We had caught some nice fish prefishing but they werent biting today. This seems to happen every wateree tournament.
    Congrats to team green and team reelin the blues.

14. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    This is a quote from Jeff Green: "....77lbs with a 41 lb...."

:eek:oooh:

Their winning weight was 75.6 and their big fish was 41.2.....pretty dang close guess!!!

15. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    All Team Green can say is what a Heck of a Day:tounge_out:,It was great to get a win on Wateree,been quiet a while sice we had any luck down there with a winning stringer:big_smile:.I will let Wyliecat give the rundown in the Carolina Catfish Club section and then we will talk about our really bad luck at the start to our ending the day with a winning stringer.All I can say right now is praise God Almighty,What a day,I am worn out and I am sure Jeff is too.
    Here is a 1 photo from today,I dont wanna jump Dieters post in the Carolina Catfish Club section.:cool2:

Attached Files:

16. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Hey!! A big thanks to the folks at Dutchman Creek Marina for opening up a bit early for us and allowing us to hang out inside in the warmth while we registered folks.

BTW, great breakfast!! :smile2:

17. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats to Team Green on the win. I had a great time, nice seeing everyone. Nothing like brigin in the big blues on a cold, cloudy, December day on Wateree.

TEAM CATTAMER

18. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    congrats jeff an marty on the win I had a blast even if the big ones didnt bite for me also congrats to dieter on that nice blue

19. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    congrats to marty and jeff,on a fine win ,on such a bad start to the day,way to go ,and congrats to bowler man and his team and to wileycat on there fine catch,allgreat fishermen.....hey marty keep hold on that horse shoe,it might come out:smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Bruce Edmunds, we wished you would have fished it with us. Keep the Catawba Catfish Club tournaments in mind when they start in January.