Lake Wateree on 8/23/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Aug 17, 2008.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We will be having our regulary scheduled gathering on Lake Wateree on Saturday Evening 8/23.Due to the unfortunate low water conditions on Lake Thurmond,The Carolina Catmen have decided to cancel their scheduled Tourney there,I was contacted in regard to this about having a combined Tourney since we were already scheduled for a CC&SC Tourney,so now it will be a combined CCSC and Carolina Catmen Event,with the CCSC Rules,more info on this can be found in the Carolina Catmen section in the Partners in Catfishing area of the forum.Just wanted to let yall know in case you missed it or was interested in attending,The Top 5 finishers will be quailified to Fish the Carolina Catmen Championship on Santee in September which also coincides with the BOC Gathering that weekend,all taking place out of Rocks Pond on Lake Marion on Sept. 12-13,Thanks Marty

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Where is the meeting place & how much are entry fees?

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Its gonna be close, but I am going to try to make it. Right now I may have to head there straight from my shoot, so Billfish76 or Mudkip may have to step up and bring a boat!!!

4. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    All the info is in the Carolina Catmen Section of the Partners in Catfishing section of the forum under the title "Attention Schedule Change",the rules and all are there Jimmy,its out of Wateree Creek Landing and its a $20 a head

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Unless the weather turns bad Ill be there. Hopefully its a good turn out again.

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Right now they only calling for a 20% chance,thats good for the Tourney but I hate it for the folks that really need the water in other parts of the state.
    Hopefully we will have a pretty good turnout,I dont think we will get to 23 boats like the last one,but it ought to be a fair turnout:wink:

7. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    BIG CHAD will be there with bells on, but with a diffrent partner. pappys at the beach so yankee bob will fill in. i dont think he even knows what a catfish is.:smile2: oh well hope their is a big crowd to, and good luck to everyone.

8. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Marty/JD,
    Planning to come. Working to get everything ready.
    I'll donate my money to the cause!!

9. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    All right its almost time guys,Lets here some predictions,I am gonna go with:
    Total Weight 5 Fish-88lbs
    Big Fish-36lbs{No Payout by the way}

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I going to go with 74lbs, and big fish 38lbs

11. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We havent been doing it this year,we will next year however but would yall like to do a $5 per person Big Fish Pot?[optional of course]
    We will take the Biggest Fish out of those entered and winner take all.:big_smile:

12. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think 26lbs big fish an 65lbs total weight I would like to do the big fish pot

13. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    I'm gonna guess 37 lb big fish,around 85 lb total weight.I hope everyone has plenty of bites, fish and a safe trip.I almost had time to make it:sad2:,that'd been$20.00 more for the winner:roll_eyes:,,,,sam

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Here is a pic of a couple of Blues Jeff and I caught last night,the weights were 32.5 and 27,notice how wet I am,he didnt like me getting him out of the holding tank to be photographed and weighed,both were released alive and well.
    JD will be posting the results in the Carolina Catmen Section and there will also be a report in the Tournament section when he gets it all done.
    We had a great time last night and enjoyed hosting the Carolina Catmen due to them having to cancel their scheduled Tourney.
    Our next one will be on Sept. 20th

Attached Files:

15. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice ones Green Team.

16. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Way to go guys-those are some nice fish!

17. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty looks like you two had a pretty good night.

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch guys!:wink: Them some nice ones. The Green Team is got it going on!:big_smile:

19. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good job Marty that is a nice stringer of fish.

20. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    The Best Night I ever Had At Wateree, Best Stringer Of Fish I Had At Wateree. And what happens Those Green Team boys just loaded up and wupped us. LOL . Nice catch Marty & Jeff. Thanks again for all your help this weekend.