Lake Wateree + mudkip= S.C. Game & Fish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Nov 18, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    got my sc game & fish mag yesterday and as always i go right for any catfish article and to my surprise guess who's got a feature article...yes our own and now famous "mudkip"...i enjoyed reading the article...it was very informative and good reading...has some nice pics of some good blues that he hauled in that day too...rodger taylor aka: mudkip...glad to see you got the oppurtunity to do this article and share some good info with the public about catfishing and your tactics for taking blues on wateree...some gps cooridantes would have been nice but i guess you can't give it all away:big_smile:...between you and chrisblue in the sc spotsman every month and getting an article write up in a major magazine here and there i'm gonna have to get y'all to autograph some pictures or something:wink:

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey I really appreciate the kind words Foothills. There are some really BIG Blues in Wateree and the numbers of decent eating sized blues is going up. We really should harvest some small ones to keep them balanced out. Winter through late spring is the time that I love to fish Wateree esp for bigguns. We should have one heck of a tournament this April. With the time is is scheduled, I think everybody will be happy with their fishing results!!

3. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I'll have to pick up a copy today. It is SC game & fish not SC Sportsman right

4. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Got my copy and read it last night. Nice wright up Rodger. Hope to see more in the future.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Rodger :big_smile:

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    congrats roger,i havent seen it yet,but i'm sure its full of good information,you and chris are doing the Boc and south carolina catfishing good by yalls information and willingness to share with others,i'm just one of the lucky ones that have been able to compete against you both in tourneys and such and its an honor to share the water with you,keep up the good work:wink:

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yes it is SC game & fish

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I read it Friday along with the article about coyotes. Glad to see you in there Mudkip.

9. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    glad to see you in the sc game&fish

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Congrats on the article Rodger. Does anyone know where to pick up a copy in the Ft.Mill area???

11. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
  12. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I need to pick one up myself. I thought you were talking about SC Sportsman. Thanks guys. I appreciate your support!!:wink:

13. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    man,it must be nice to be so famous,you dont even know which magazines you gone be in,must be a tough life,i guess before long we wont be able to get to the landing when you out fishing for the papparazi hanging around:cool2:,nah good article,you deserve the attention

14. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Rodger,
    Congratulations, It really makes one feel good that all that hard work finally pays off.

15. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I tried to find a copy today and it seems that the Nov issue is still on the shelf. I guess that since I dont have a subscription Ill have to wait till Dec.

16. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah that's probably true...beings how i'm a subscriber and have my copy already...how about i get mudkip to autograph it and i'll auction it off...ok do i hear a starting bid of $100...do i hear $200...:smile2:

17. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Just read the article and got to say one of the best catfish articles SC Game and Fish has put out this year. Congrats Roger. Keep it up.

18. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congratulations! When I joined this site, I had no idea that there would be so many famous people on here. Next Mudkip and Chrisblue will have their very own star on Hollywood Blvd.:wink:

19. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I too read the article. I found it to be very informative and useful. Congratulations to you on the article Rodger. That just goes to show how much talent we have on the South Carolina thread. I think it is the best one on the site. Thats just my opinion. This is a great place to learn about the sport of cat fishing. We have some of the best pro cat fishermen on the net in here and I am just glad to be a part of that.

20. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats to Rodger! With the tips, reports and fellowship of the BOC, the greatest book of catfishing would be very possible. As for where to pick-up a copy of sc game and fish, Walmart here carries it and many of the convienent store in western NC.