Lake Wateree/Cedar Creek

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Apr 8, 2007.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Anyone plan on fishing wateree on Easter Monday,me and my brother{Jeff}both have the day off and are gonna give the stripers and cats a try,weatherman says the wind is gonna lay down a little,hopefully the bite will pick back up some,will launch out of wateree creek around daybreak,will post report monday PM

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Good luck. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised at the bite. Please release the big 'uns to be caught another day!!:big_smile:

3. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    went to wateree today,ended up with 8 cats,5 blues and 3 channels,biggest was 19lbs and one 9lbs,had 2 about 5,and the rest about 2-3lbs each,was pretty windy most of the day,didnt do any good on the stripers,had a couple hits trolling for em but didnt get it all,as for the cats,all were caught on cut or live shad,anchored and drifting,water was pretty clear and about 61 to 63 degrees,not a bad day but could have been much better,heres a couple of pics,my brother jefff with the 19 and me with the 9

Attached Files:

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice fish Marty.

5. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Real nice fish. Thanks for the report.

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    thanks chris,not bad post cold front,could have been better,had one on i could not even turn,broke off 30lb berkely extreme with no problem,i guess it prolly rubbed a rock or something,hate i didnt see him anyway

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thanks for the report marty.

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Not a bad day at all Marty :big_smile: