Lake Wateree /Cedar Creek Catfishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudkip, Jun 24, 2007.

1. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    hey man stop trashing your nets at the bridge:lol:There are PLENTY of shad around the banks. You can stop trashing your nets on the pilings. That is winter time shad territory. Just look to the grass around the lakes edges in 2-4 feet of water. There are plenty of BIG up to 13 inch gizzard and 3-6 inch gizzard. I would never buy shad to fish Wateree in the summer. Save some money!

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Bill - I don't think Mudkip was trying to tick you - or Mike - off. I think he was just trying to help. This board is all about trying to help people out - perhaps he didn't realize how much fishing you do.

First things first, tell Mike to kiss my butt. Say howdy to Pat for me, please.

I need some info in the rodeo - my dad and I would like to try it this time. We might not be too much competition, but even a blind hog will find an acorn every now and again. :big_smile: And if you can't post it on here, for some reason, PM me, please.

And good luck on tonight's trip.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    You got it right GatorT. Flopee has told a couple people to get all the shad you want at the bridge but I know it is a dangerous area for a net. Wateree creeks are full of shad and easy to get right near the bank without being any where near the bridge at this time of year. I have trashed my nets a couple times at the bridge. I was only trying to help. Sorry.:crazy:

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    From what I hear that bridge will bite you now and then. Get a little too close and you are pulling up strings!! LOL!! It can be tempting to throw under that bridge and on the outside, but it might bite ya!! I guess it is good I can not throw a cast net worth a crap!!! :big_smile:

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    You are the man Flop!! I hope you get a 70 pounder. :big_smile:

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Hey flopeye, has the streak been broken yet or are you still going for 100 days of fishing? :big_smile:

Remember the 11th of August is the Carolina Catmen tournament on Wateree!! :wink: Be sure to give us some good reports the week before!!! hehehehehehhehe!!!

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Let's see...hmmm by August how many days of fishing.

Gonna be some sore mouth cats uplake:smile2:

Dieter did you get that garlic powder yet?

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    DON'T STOP 'TIL YOU HIT 100 DAYS!!!!!!!

Garlic powder is on order from the supplier in 50 pound sacks!!!!! Hehehehehehehehe!!!

9. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I saw the big storm on radar yesterday. We had our baseball practice washed out the day before by a cloud burst, luckily the big storm missed yesterday.

Have you devoted any time to the bite around June Creek?

10. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like an exceptional night. You must be getting catfish elbow by now.:big_smile:

11. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Mudkip thats a good article on Wateree in South Carolina Sportsman. Thanks for sharing the info. I'm planning on fishing Wateree more often since its a hour closer than Santee. What are the best boat ramps on Wateree I have a 24 ft Pontoon. Beaver Creek is the closest to me but wondering if any of the others are alot better places. Thanks

12. Frostman

Frostman New Member

State:
    Kershaw, SC
    Flopeye, that's an impressive haul of fish.

I took my boys out this morning from about 8am till lunch. Bite was pretty slow but we did get 3 nice fish - an 8, 18, and my older son's personal best 18 lbs 5 oz. (Previous trip the younger son caught his PB at 18 lbs 8 oz. Also caught a few smaller cats while catching perch for bait. All released.

13. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Bubbas apprecaite the kind words! Hope you get a big one.

Frostman--one of these days you will hook a great fish down there which will make you nervous when you see how big it is at boat side. Keep on fishing, you are on the right track.

14. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Fish were biting good today we got around 30 head a mix of mostly blues and some channels. Got a couple quality fish, the big was 17.

15. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    You gonna have to catch your own bait...I will be coaching baseball tommorrow:big_smile:

I got plenty of shad right off the dock at the ramp. Several large shad also. I saw large schools of gizzard shad in 6-10 feet of water. Heck...even Dieter can get those, so I know a hill climber such as yourself will have no problem. Good luck.

16. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    We all got lucky and dodged the storms last night. I am glad those suckers rolled through right before we started fishing.

Congrats to that young man on a nice 35 pound blue! I am not sure of his name, but he derserves some credit on a fine catch and a WONDERFUL job of releasing that fish ALIVE!! He walked it around in waist deep water to make sure it swam off alive. That is a SPORTSMANS!!! :wink:

Sorry the bite was not good for you last night Flopeye. You will probably go out today and catch a 45 pounder!!! It would have been cool to see your daughter hook into a big one. Don't hold out on letting her catch some of them monsters down there!! :big_smile:

Overall the bite was a little slower than normal. I added our fish up and we only caught nine total, but we were swinging for the fences and trying to get some big fish. Not as many small fish pecking and biting as there usually was. We caught some decent fish, but they were evenly spaced out through the night, with the exception of our 15 and 19 pounders coming in the last half hour.

I gotta thank Mudkip!!! Billfish and I were fishing his spots last night, so he deserves the credit for doing the leg work. We just threw out the baits and waited.

BTW, Budweiser red is on ice and waiting!!!

17. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on the super cat Bradley. Please post a picture!! You should put the pic in the BOC HOF. Way to go.:smile2:

18. Frostman

Frostman New Member

State:
    Kershaw, SC
    Congratulations!! - Awesome fish.

19. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Congrats on the great fish.

20. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    College girls + booze + campfire = theres some GOOOOOD pictures somewhere....:wink: