Lake Wateree 9-26-09 Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Sep 27, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club had our 9th and Final Tournament of the year Saturday evening.Very overcast skies and a 80% chance of rain and Thunderstorms kept the crowd down a little for this one,We had 19 boats entered with 39 paying adults and 3 kids fishing for a total pot of $780.All 19 Boats got in the Big Fish Pot to total $190.The rain held of for the better part of the night with only a few passing soaking showers.The wind was very managable as well.This set the stage for an exciting night of fishing with some great Blues being brought to the scales.The bite was not on fire but most teams caught fish and the quality was way up from the last couple of tournaments we had on Wateree.
    Jeff Manning and his partner Wayne brought in a Goliath Blue tipping the scales at a Whopping 62 lbs making it the biggest fish to be weighed in at one of our tournaments and probably one of the top 3 or 4 to ever be caught on Wateree.Congrats guys on a tremendous fish.
    The weigh for 1st and 2nd was very close,one of the closest if not the closest we have had.We wanna thank everyone for coming out and fishing our tourneys this year,they have all been great and a great number of trophy fish was brought to the scales this year.We look forward to starting em up again in January and doing it all over again.We have a great group of fisherman and its a pleasure to have these tourneys.
    Here is the Rundown and a few pics.I apologize to Jimmy and Mark,I had a camera malfunction on their fish and did not get their photo,I think Stumpgrinder got it a will post a few pics up later.Again we enjoyed em and will see yall in the very near future.

1st-87.07 lbs-Jeff Manning{bowlerman} and Wayne{netman} $390 and $190 Big Fish Pot

2nd-86.09 lbs-Dean Birch{gottago} and Seth-$230

3rd-66.02 lbs-Jimmy Morton{screaminclickers} and Mark Stanley{lakemoultrieblues}-$160

4th-55.12 lbs-George Lindsay{George2} and Jared Hawkins

5th-50.13 lbs-Scott,Bobby and Pat Miller

6th-44.05 Jon Rambo{sunbird} and Doug Crawford{PopPop}

7th-33.04-Marty Green and Jeff Green

8th-23.70-Lindsay Bigham{Bigbird} and Micheal Holmes{holmes}

9th-23.02Pat{patmansc} and Jim{jimmyjonny}

Most other teams caught fish but did not bother to weigh in.
    The pictures in order are 1st,2nd,4th

Attached Files:

2. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    One more of 5th place Scotty,Pat and Bobby Miller

Attached Files:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congratulations to all who weighed in, and the winners! I really did enjoy it, and learn a little bit more each trip up that way as this was but my second time ever seeing Wateree.. I will say that one must have their game face ON when you compete with y'all's group!! Really enjoyed meeting Jimmy Jonny, patmansc, crappieman and seeing all my old friends and acquaintances. Special thanks to Team Bigstuff for having me around to compete. Special thanks also to Marty and Jeff. This is a GREAT club that is well organized. I look forward to future challenges with the group, and I better get to honing my skills if I am ever going to be near the top level.

Bill in SC

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    When we were at the scales i thought Bowlerman was sweating because he had heard about the good night we had. When he pulled that giant out of his livewell, i seen why he was sweating, he knew he had to pick it up again:smile2: Great tournament guys, i'll post the pic i have of Bowler and the Giant to show how much trouble he was having. Right now i got to wait on a blame ipod before i can hook up my camera, kids :angry:
    It was close :big_smile:

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    good job on the great catches. Congrats to Bowlerman, gotta go and screamnclickers. I met some new faces, learned a few new things and had alot of fun.

6. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great job on catching those big blues guys real nice fish , still a good turnout for the rainy night. congrats to the winners and to all who fished. And a special thanks to the Greens on another great turny.

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Bump the ipod, here is the pic's. Also included Fat Cat. I see Fat Cat on the water a lot, he fishes long and hard and with a catch like he made last night with his son, i just had to get the pic. The folks that didn't make it last night really missed a beautiful night on the water. The bite was slow for me and Seth but it gave us time to talk. We came a little early so we could meet some of the guys. A great bunch and here is what i found out about some of them. Fat Cat should go into building catfish boat (design).
    Crappieman has the fastest boat and longest beard, Sunbird is letting his hair grow out, Bill in SC has the largest motor i ever seen on a jon boat, Marty and Jeff has the largest live well. That Miller guy and his wife know how to fish. Screaming clickers makes me sweat each and ever tournament when they bring there fish to the scales. Bowlerman is younger in person. Netman knows how to net a fish and sleeps during the picture taking. Stumpgrinder has a nice boat and a wife that knows how to throw a cast net. When you see Bigbird, ain't no telling what boat he will be in. PopPop will fish with anyone :smile2:jk (had to add that one)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  8. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks guys. im glad i didnt miss this one at the boat,it would have been a long swim back. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think this is 3rd place " Jimmy and Mark"
    wateree 001.jpg
    Here are some more pictures Nancy took

wateree 008.jpg
    wateree 009.jpg

10. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We had fun fishing with yall this year. We got to meet some new folks and we learn a little more at each touney. I want to thank Marty and Jeff for all the work they do to put on this tourney. See yall next year:big_smile:

PS. Marty,
    How bout that dinner for the correct guess on big fish:big_smile:

11. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    1st I heard about that.Is that all you do is think about eating and eating.:big_smile:A little more time thinking about fishing may help us all keep up with Bowlerman:smile2::smile2:But I will see what I can do about it:tounge_out:

12. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Im still trying to learn the art of catfishing, But I got the eating part down to a science:smile2:

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I'd like to thank Marty & Jeff for their hard work, Jimmy and I had a great time. It was fun meeting some new people, and seeing all those big fish at weigh-in was really something :crazy: Next year I'm gonna have to bring some bigger scrimps! And thanks to Sunbird and Pop Pop for letting us camp out with you overnight. Congrats to all those that placed:big_smile:

14. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks alot fellas and always it is a pleasure meeting and talking to everyone and it was nice to meet all the new faces , i think all and all this is the best tournament trail out there and the best run marty and jeff you guys are the best at what you do and ya'll work your butts of to make this thing fly . i just hate wateree is so far away the only time i get down there anymore is for the tourneys but i think it is the best lake around this time of year.

and thanks to netman for getting this one in the net , it is my wateree pb. and i would like to get a copy of some of those pics i forgot my camera :sad2:
    i like to keep my fish just long enough to get a pic and turn them loose , that 62 was fat and happy and swam away to fight another day

15. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks Team Green for a great tourny season! Congrats to bowlerman and netman on that GIANT! Congrats to Dean and Seth on some real nice cats! Also congrats to Screaming clickers and his partner on third.Thanks Dean for the complaments, Jarrett is my nephew. The god lord has not blessed me with the patients to have kids yet. Nephews are great fishing partners, you take them fishing and get them all covered in slime and bait and then drop them off at their house at 4:30 in the morning!:smile2: I had so much fun watching him reel those fish in. He cought all the fish we weighed in, I had to grab him by the life vest one time as the fish was draging him around the boat. Can't wait till next season! Look out Pickwick/Wilson here comes Team Fat Cat!

16. fish hunter24

fish hunter24 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    good job bolerman on that nice 62lb blue i bet that was a fight :angry:

17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I sure had a great time !! It was really nice meeting up with the folks I talk to here on the BoC finally.

Just gotta thank everyone for making us feel at home during our visit. As mentioned, its a great bunch of guys and I am so grateful that Pat ask me to fish with him ; )

Thanks to all you bait catchers who had some troubles but gave it hell and still pulled through for us.

Last but not least, thanks to the Big Stuff folks for giving us a place to get some shut eye before we hit the road....had Big Fun hangin with you guys afterwards...with you too Gator ; ) Oh, and Bill...let me know when ya wanna fish on down this way...would love to have ya out here ; )

Congrats to the winners........some very impressive fish ; )

Think I got it all, LOL.....I just got home now so I'm a little tired.

18. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    yea he was fun:big_smile: the only bad part was when we got him near the left side he decided he wanted to take tour of the right side then when he got in front of the boat he wanted to look at the back:eek:oooh: long story short he made sure he looked at every part of my 24' pontoon boat before giving up. i was starting to get dizzzzy chasing him around and around the boat before he finally blew bubbles and came to the top. that is the worst part of having a big fish not seeing him for 10 min. but knowing he is big and waiting for the line to go limp:angry: but net man did his job , got him first try and it was dark tooooo :crazy:

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Again, GREAT show, and I'm ready to do it again! With that out of the way, the 62 pound blue was a healthy, splendid, magnificent fish. I was somewhat disappointed to see some VERY DEAD fish brought to the scales. It is my belief that whether fish are kept to take home or not, they should be very alive when brought to the weigh in. I urge each team to invest in a nice tournament live well, for the betterment of the club, and fish that may have otherwise been CPRed. I do hope for a rule change in that area for the club!

Bill in SC