Lake Wateree 9-20-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Sep 14, 2008.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We will be having our last Gathering/Fishing get together for the year on Lake Wateree on Saurday 9/20,we are gonna meet up at Wateree Creek Landing and start right around 6pm and go till about 1am,the weather is looking good right now,ought to be a real comfortable night to be on the Lake,hope to see all the regular guys there and maybe a few new faces:wink:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Marty good luck to yall if I wasnt going on vacation I would love to join yall, but I know that would REALLY get the wife upset.

3. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Like you said in the other thread,she will get over in a couple of weeks:smile2:

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    As of now Im going to make it down there to see you guys. Hope the fishing is better that last time. (not as good for you guys):wink:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with your event!!

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We had another good time on Lake Wateree last night despite the slow bite that most folks reported,the anchor bite was way way off and the drift bite wasnt a whole lot better frankly,it did pick up a little as the night progressed,2 boats did have a pretty good night weight wise with the biggest 5 fish stringer coming in at 99lbs and the 2nd biggest being 64lbs for 5 fish,after that it dropped off considerably to 24lbs or less for all the other teams.
    We enjoyed all the Gatherings we had this year and look foward to starting them up again sometime in January,we are gonna take a few months off from them and let all the Hunters do their thing for awhile,enjoyed meeting and fishing with some of the new faces we had this past year and hopefully we can get a few more coming out next year:wink:

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The writing was on the wall; I was fishing with Billfish76 and he used up all his big fish luck on that one fish!!!!! :eek:oooh:

We got spanked!! 3 1/2 hours anchored and not a bite. :eek:oooh: We were in the "24lbs or less for all the other teams" category!!

Congrats to the folks that won!! Awesome catch and tremendous patience!! :wink:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Wyliecat,

You caught more fish than I did! I had to sit at home wishing that I didn't have a sour motor! Looks like a fine time to tear it down and fix the problem. I look forward to fishing with all of ya soon. Hey, at least the weather was nice:roll_eyes:

9. Wayne Couick

Wayne Couick New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anyone ever do any drifting on Wateree?

10. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    All the time,Wateree has many good areas to drift:wink: