Lake Wateree 8-15

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigBird, Aug 15, 2009.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Holmes and I got started early. I rolled outa bed at 3a and picked up Holmes in Rock Hill and headed to Lake Wateree.We both had some bream and perch from Fri. We also gathered a few gizzards but didnt need them. All the fish wanted was perch.
    We caught 6 fish all blues. The largest fish was 22#. We caught a 14#, 12#, 7# and a couple smaller ones.
    We caught one fish on bream head but perch was the order of the day. Nothing caught on gizzards even though treadfin were breaking all around us and the fish were popping the surface.
    We fished until about noon and headed to Dutchmans for a couple cheeseburgers before heading back.
    We caught only one fish in 15-18' all others were 18 to 30'. The bigger one was caught in 28'.
    I will post up a pic once Holmes figures out how to get the pic off of his phone. My batteries in my camera were dead. If anyone can help with the pic shoot me a pm.
    :eek:oooh::cool2::smile2:

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sound like yall had a good day, Congrats. :smile2:As far as the picture, probably the easiest way would to be send the picture as a picture message to your e-mail address. Then you can do whatever with it from there.:wink:

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good day on the Lake Lindsay and Micheal:big_smile:,wish I could be out this weekend.Glad you guys got on some good fish and thanks for the report.As for the pic,What Damon said.:wink:

4. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    yes it was a good day at the lake accept the 3 am deal i was on the water at 11 pm fri lol:smile2:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good show, fellas! Sounds like y'all had some catsmackin' fun! Me and dudley-1 (Sam) are going to the Pee Dee in an hour or two. I hope to have some good pics when we get home.

Bill in SC

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    good luck to you bill. Wear your sunglasses from all of Sam's yellow rods-he's been telling me about.

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well i guess i should start a new thread to tell about my trip to Monty but here will be all right. Just got through eating my catch and perch is not what they want on Monty. I don't know what they want, we caught all but 2, fishn for bait, using night crawlers:smile2: First time fishn sence the tournament so it was still all good. testing the new toon and if it wasn't for the pontoon we probably would had come home early. Would had stayed even later but i seen they were droping the water and figured i beter get out why i could. Man them are some good eating fish, just the right size to:wink:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice Smackdown!!!! I would have loved a 22lber today!:wink:
    Here is the pic you sent me, hope ya'll enjoy!!!:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great fishing report!!!

Definately a team to contend with on the September 26th. :wink:

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Nice catch guys!:wink: Thanks for the report.