Lake Wateree 7-25-09 Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Jul 12, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club will be having our 7th Tourney of the year on Saturday evening 7-25 on Lake Wateree out of Wateree Creek Access.We had an awesome turnout of 38 boats at the June event and it would be awesome to match or better that figure on the July event.Heck lets shoot for 40+ this go around.Hoefully we will have a good weather pattern that weekend and the crowd will be ready to catch some Lake Wateree Blues for another heavy weigh in.Remember Blast Off is at 6:00pm sharp and and end time is 1:00am with weigh in starting at 1:30am.Be sure to get there early and get signed up,parking is at a minimum this time of year.Jeff and I will be there around 4:00pm to start signing folks up.
    Lets get the roll call started on who is gonna make it with some predictions on Big Fish and Winning 3 Fish Stringer,there have been some fine fish weighed in at each event so far this year and the July bite should also produce some good weights with the spawn being over.

Big Fish-41 lbs
    Total 3 Fish Weight-83 lbs

We look forward to seeing everyone on the 25th:wink:

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Team Fat cat will be there. Hopefully we will pull some fat cats out of Wateree this go round.

Big fish 40lbs
    Total weight 86lbs

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well, let me think???//?///?????:confused2: I might make it......................... What do you think?????/:smile2: Man i wouldn't miss it! If i didn't fish it i think i would still come down for the weigh in. Going to be some big cats caught, but due to boat traffic i would say 40lb BIG CAT, 70 lb Total. If you wait till tuesday night to hold the tourney it would be more like 50lb BIG FISH 100lb total................but no one would have a job on Wed.:smile2:
    Man, sometimes I think that they should start a jet ski and pleasure boat Hunting Season. Too many out there causing problems:smile2: (i guess if i had one i wouldn't feel that way) I bet it would be fun to hang a 50lb cat on a jet ski:wink:

4. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Dean, that's what the second use for those old 3oz egg sinker in your tackle box is for. Just wait for them to get to close and chunk it.They will get the message.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Guys, I don't know if I'll be able to fish this one or not. I am currently boatless. But I am working on that.

Being as I'm probably not going to be able to fish it, I'm guessing 50, hey, why not, 60 pound big fish. Let's push it a little farther and say 120 weigh in.

I'm gonna try and make it, but if not, I wish everybody the best of luck.

Marty - if you need me for weigh in or registration or what ever, give me a call. I'd be glad to help. At least then I could be close to the fishing.:wink:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Team Smackdown Will be there!:wink:

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Team Cat Tamer will be there.

8. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I wanna come fish it, he he he he. Let cha know a little later if we will make it now that I found out the Pee Dee tourny has been changed on us. A wateree tourny just might be in my future to calm me down LOL.

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Me & Lakemoultrieblues will be there.Gonna try some new water this go round.

32lb big fish
    51 lbs minimum to place!

10. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I'll say 47 lb. big fish,total,weight of 88.12 lbs.:confused2:

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I gonna be there!!!:wink:

Team Smackdown gonna bring it to this one!:eek:oooh:

Big Fish.....33lbs.
    Total.....83lbs.

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm going to change my total. Due to the # of big fish i am hearing about in the last few weeks, and probably the one's that i don't hear about and also the ones i have caught and lost. I think a 50+lb is very possible.
    A friend of mine (a pastor of a a church in Chester) caught and released a 51lb Blue, he also caught a 48lb blue a week or so earlier. In the last tourney i hung into a hog (he is still out there) and heard of others that got away. I'm going to say 52lb big fish and 80+ total wt. Change your leaders guys so we can get that 50lb fish to the boat.:smile2:

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Dean, I been hearing those stories too!:eek:oooh: LIES! All LIES!!!:smile2::smile2:

Team Smackdown hung into one of those hogs while pre-fishing for the last tourney. It won that battle too!:confused2: Maybe someone will get a hog to the scales so we can all go Ooooooh!!!:wink: I am excited and ready to go right now!:roll_eyes: See ya'll on the water.

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    i hope to make it , i say big fish 42 total weight 80 lb
    and i hope it is me , if i keep fishing these tourneys i guess i need to give my team a name does anyone have

TEAM " REELIN THE BLUES " :smile2:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  16. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sounds like a good team name but yours should be "taking all yall's money!" Just kidding that sounds cool!:smile2:

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Reeling the Blues, dang, sounds like a good one. If you don't use it let me know. I need a name :smile2: When i started my guide service i really didn't have a name. A friend of mine (gone now but not forgotten Pot Moore) was fishing with me on Santee. Well we were trying to get the boat out of the water but due to the ice on the ramp (been sleeting and snowin) i could not pull it out. A guy comes down and hooks to my truck and helps pull my boat out. He told old Pot, ya guys must be crazy fishn in weather like this. :smile2: Pot said, "he's gotta go cause he's a guide". It was just the way he said it that was so funny and kind of stuck. Back then i stayed on the water so Gotta Go Guide Service was founded and the pictures that i posted in the fish&hunting mag and all my cards had that name. So in memory of a friend that fished with me many yrs, i just use gotta go. I even had hats at one time with a Big Flathead and the name gotta go. The one i really like is Fat Cat:smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Dean for the complement. We came up with that name at the Cabelas Santee tourny. We had caught a couple of really good fish and then George caught the 43lb blue, and when I netted him and got him in the boat George said just look at that fat cat. Ilooked at him and said that needs to be our name. we both liked it so when we went in they asked for the team name and that is what we told them. So it stuck.:big_smile:

19. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Posted this pic on another Thread and even though i use to hang fish like this and take photo's i really don't think its cool to do so anymore. If all the folks that catfish have a good day like this 500lbs + and keep the fish. There won't be any big fish left for the kids. A lot of people fish for catfish these days and they need to catch and release. I think the people of Santee (and guides) see this now and you don't see much of hanging fish on the bragging board. Its still going on but not as much. Plus the rule of 1 big fish per person (forget how big) per day, may help but its up to the fisherman. So in memory of another good fishn partner David Laws (standing in the white hat) gone but not forgoten. A true and good friend.
    Here is the pic. Bump! won't let me download cause the picture is over on S.C. lakes/reservoirs under advise for fall Santee trip:cool2:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  20. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Guys tourney Time is almost upon us, gatorT and sunbird is getting ready, scouting holes. I think i do better to wait the last day, when i pre fish i scare all the big fish and they don't want to bite on tourney day:sad2:
    Good Luck