Lake Wateree 7-25-09 Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Jul 26, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club had our 7th Tourney of the year on Saturday Evening/Night.It was a beautiful night on the water,a little hot at the start but nice as darkness set in.We had 31 Boats/67 Paying Competitors and 2 Kids who fished free show up to challenge Lake Waterees Blue Cats.The bite was pretty slow for the most part but as usual a few teams found some nice fish and made for a competitive weigh in.Once again the local team from Wateree came thru with a win and the BOC was well represented from 2nd thru 7th.We met alot of new faces and finally got to put a face with a few new BOC guys,Bill Bristow and his partner Chris made the long journey to Wateree to fish with us and we appreciate and enjoyed having them.We also would like to thank everyone else for coming out and making it another great tourney,Congrats to Sunbird and GatorT on their hawg Blue that got Big Fish as well,way to go Ronnie.
    The results and payouts along with a couple of pics of 1st place and Big Fish follows:

1st-Scotty and Pat Miller 69.95 lbs Total and $670
    2nd-Mark Stanley[lakemoultrieblues] and Jimmy Morton[screaminclickers]-50.20 lbs and $400
    3rd-Jonathon Rambo[sunbird] and Ronnie Thompson[gatort]-40.30 lbs and $270 and also Big Fish of 40.30 lbs and $310
    4th-Jeff Manning[bowlerman] and Wayne ? 39.95 lbs
    5th-Dean Birch[gottago] and Seth 39.90 lbs
    6th-Eric Jenkins and Brett Alexander 38.45 lbs
    7th-George Lindsay[George2] and Damon Gibson[DamonG] 32.85

That about wraps it up,Thanks to all for coming out and Hope to see you in August on Lake Wylie,would love to see a good crowd on Wylie,its coming on strong to Wateree and has some giant Blues and Flatheads.Yall keep on showing your support and come on out and give Wylie a try.:wink:

Attached Files:

2. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks, Marty, for posting this so fast. I know you had to be tired and didn't feel like doing it, but those of us who couldn't be there sure do appreciate it!

Congrats to the winners. Way to go, Ronnie! You look like you're so tired you're about to fall down - but still cheesin'!

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    THAT IS THE WAY TO GET THE INFO OUT THERE FAST!! :crazy:

Lots of tournaments could learn from you guys!! :big_smile:

Great tournament, amazing turnout, without a doubt the premier catfish tournament series in the Carolinas! :wink:

Congrats to the folks that took home a check, and thanks to everyone that came out and fished!

4. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Looks like someone stole the horseshoe but with the weights being so close they must have left it in the truck,congrats to the winners,and to team FATCAT way to go guys.And again to TEAM GREEN for a great tourny and fast results,thanks from all of us that could not make it.

5. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    Great turnout again team green yall boys got it going on. we couldnt get nothing going for us ol well theirs always next time, congrats to all the winners nice fishin.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thanks again for a great tourney...

See you guys at Wylie next month......

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We enjoyed very much, our first trip to Wateree. No doubt, as stated, Marty runs a GREAT tournament. It was great to see old faces, and put names to new ones. We only caught a couple of fish in the tourney, but feel like we learned a LOT about the unfamiliar lake. Watch out next time boys and girls! :big_smile: Hope to make it to the Wylie tourney, if possible.
    Bill in SC

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats to the winners and top finishers. Way to go guys! Had a great time and enjoyed the conversations and fun as always.:big_smile:

9. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    yea the horseshoe was off a little last night but we had the winning fish at the boat and my net man missfired and let it get tangled in the net :sad2:, but that's fishing if you caught every fish what would be the fun in that :wink: we did end up with a live well full of eaters and a couple big ones . see ya'll at wylie :eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

10. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I need two horse shoes LOL congrats to the winners looking foward to my first trip to lake wylie next month

11. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats to all the top finishers and to Team Green for another great tournament. Team Fat cat is looking forward to trying their skills on Lake Wylie. See all yall there.:wink:

12. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Yep enjoyed it again Team Green!We were able to put alot of names to faces at this tournament.Bowler Man-We also lost a "monster" at the boat,Mark guessed 35+lbs.After a few select words & rants:)angry:), we got over it & realized thats just fishin'!--We'll be back in Sept. to claim the big "1":wink:.GatorT/Sunbird congrats on the bigfish.

13. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks everyone for the great showing,congrats to the top finishers and all that showed up.The night turned out to be a tough one for alot of teams,but some seem to always find the ones that are hungry for the bait.Hope to see everyone at Wylie next month.

14. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Congratulations to the winners! Thanks, Marty and Jeff for another great tournament. I had a blast. I couldn't have asked for a better fishing partner than I had.

I somehow got the credit for the big fish, but all I did was reeled him in. It was all Sunbird's game plan. Between things that I showed him and what he already knew and had figured out on his own about the lake, he came up with the game plan, and we fished it accordingly.

So, I need to thank Sunbird for putting me on the fish.

I got to meet some new BOC brothers, Bill, Chris, Damon and George. I saw Screaminclickers, but he got away before I got a chance to talk with him. Hate I missed that.

And I sure did enjoy the time spent with the more familiar faces, as well.

Overall, a great night. Thanks, again, Team Green, for a good tournament. And thanks to Team Smackdown for taking me on, since I was boatless. Great bunch of guys.

15. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks Team Green for another great tourny! Congrats to all the winners! Team Fat Cat could not complain, we didnt catch the size fish we were looking for(I've never done that) but we had enough for 7th. Congrats to Gator T and Sunbird on that hog they brought to the scales. It was also great to meet Gator T, Bill and Chris. I look foward to seeing you guys at future tournys. Thanks to both Team Smackdowns for inviting me and Damon up to the lake house to hang out before the tourny. Marty hats off to you, don't think I would've been able to post the results that quick. I had the windows down the radio wide open and I could hardly stay awake on the way home. Looking foward to wylie see you guys there.:wink:

16. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Believe it or not I wasnt even tired by time I got home,I unloaded the boat,took a shower,posted the results,got a snack.I layed down about 5:00am and back up at 9:00am and went out washed out the bait tank and washed down the boat and still going here at 10:00pm:crazy:,I enjoy and want to get the info out to those that werent able to attend or are interested in the results.:wink:

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Believe it or not I wasnt even tired by time I got home,>

Boy, wish I could say that. We fished ALL night Friday night, and only rested briefly Saturday. I was seeing cross eyed on the way driving home! Didn't pull in here until 6 am. Collapsed in the bed. Didn't wake up to go to church! (ouch) Had a blast though! You know, when I first read that it was a 7 hour tourney, I thought that it would be way too short, but in retrospect, it was PERFECT. There was plenty of time to catch fish and get back in. Again, a smooth, well oiled tourney and I am anxious to get back into competition with your group. I think it would be safe to say that y'alls group has some of the premier catfishin' teams in the country, and to fish amongst them is an honor and a pleasure.

bill in SC

18. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    Great tournament once again Marty/Jeff. All us fishermen appreciate the efforts you fellas put in. Fishing was really tough for me, but I'm learning. I guess I won't be wet behind the ears forever.

I plan on fishing Wylie hard until tourney time. Maybe I'll break the top 25 in that one.:big_smile:

See you guys there.

19. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Bill, thats why i don't feel so bad when i get "whooped up on" cause i'm fishn against some of the best catmen in S.C.(and N.C.) These guys don't play, they fish hard. After fishn awhile friday night we thought we had found them ( caught twin 30's on 2 rods at the same time) we released them and left and went in to get some sleep. Tourney time, i guess they changed there mind and found a new hole:smile2: We had fun and it couldn't had been a more beautiful night for fishn. Got up the next morning and went to a wonderful church service in Columbia S.C. (wife had to sing up there) Singing was Great and Peaching was Great. What more could a man ask for??:wink: Congrats to the winners! and to the Green's for putting on one of the best tourney's i have ever fished

20. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    How fun and exciting was that?:eek:oooh: Between almost being run over several times and an intentional boater who purposefully:angry: drove across our lines while drifting we caught a HOG. I had been on the lake since Wednesday and spent $200 in gas to better my chances by looking and studying the entire lake. GatorT, Pop Pop and I hollered at Gottago as we rode by on Friday after everything I had accomplished previously went out the window. Dean they pushed and pulled water Friday for 10 hours, and the fish were biting for sure. I felt really good about the investment I had made to learn more about that lake. That moving water was to much, it turned that entire lake over!:confused2: Everything changed. Pop Pop got aboard with GatorT and I and calmed me down, 'that's fishing', and proceeded to help GatorT and I find a new plan. THANKS BRO.!!! Ironically I had told several newcomers to the lake that the area, where GatorT wrestled with goliath, was a good spot. None went there, thank goodness!!! For those near us when we caught that fish and he was safely aboard, he was mean!!!:eek:oooh: He threw a MAJOR fit!!:eek:oooh::smile2:
    GatorT, I had a great time getting to know you. You are and will be a friend for life. I look forward to fishing with you again.
    Marty and Jeff, once again, Ya'll have put together an awesome trail and I thank you!! Reps!!!!:wink: