Lake Wateree 6/9

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Jun 10, 2007.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    me and my brother fished wateree last night from 6p to 1a,caught around 16 fish,about 10 blues and 6 channels,we had 4 blues around 8 to 10 lbs,the rest a little smaller,just about all the fish were caught in the 3 hours before dark,the bite fell off real fast after dark,we anchored the whole time,did consider drifting after it got dark,but never did,we kept saying the big bite will come soon and never did,all fish were caught on cut threadfin and gizzard shad,tried some cut bream but never had any takers on that,all fish were caught in the 20' range,watere temp was running around 82,they must have been pulling alot of water yesterday,cause the river run was pretty high compared to last week and there was a good bit of trash floating down,even a few pretty good size logs and trees.

2. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    You got it right about the floating debris. My brother and I went to Wateree Sat. about 4pm put in a Dutchman and went toward the dam. About a mile down we hit something hard and started taking on water more than the bilge pump could handle. We pulled the plug and ran back to Dutchman. The water went down but never stopped. Got it on the trailer and found a 1/2" wide gash in my hull about 6" long. Never even wet a line. Glad to see someone had better luck than we did.

3. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    sorry to hear about the mishap,i dont know why they would have had that much water running,they turned it on maybe twice while we were there for just a short period of time,i know last week we fished saturday and the water was pretty low,dont know for sure but i would say it was up a good foot and half to two foot from last week,we bumped a few things coming back in last night,nothing major,but i guess we were lucky,considering the amount of debris floating

4. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i seen in an earlier post where ya said you was goona make CC Hartwell,i guess you decided against it huh?i was wondering the results.maybe chris will get posted soon

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    16 fish is a pretty nice little haul, Marty. Congrats :big_smile: Were the skeeters out?

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    wasnt no skeeters around but the mayflies about sunk the pontoon when we would turn a light on,they was terrible the first part of the night and then its like they disappeared,i guess they went off to bug someone else

7. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna

We were going, but Wed. we lost a close friend to cancer. My brother and went to the funeral Sat morning. Later that day is when we went to Wateree. I still don't know the results my self.

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Aint no results, it will be rescheduled.

9. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    When is the new date?

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Dont know just yet.

11. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member