Lake Wateree 6/28/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Jun 22, 2008.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Anyone planning on fishing Lake Wateree this coming Saturday Evening 6/28,we will be Launching out of Wateree Creek Landing at 6:00 pm and fishing till 1:00 am,just thought I would pass it along in case some of you would like to join us:wink:,I hear there will be quite a few launching about that time in search of some big wateree cats,you may PM me for more info if you are interested in joining us:big_smile:

2. saguy

saguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I will probably be out there, i was out this past sat night, got on the water around 7pm and got off yesterday around 3pm. Fishing was pretty slow , 2 8lbs and a couple small ones. What part of the lake are you going to fish this weekend?

3. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I sent you a PM saguy,please read.

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I think Im going to make it down that way Saturday night. Hopefully Ill have 2 other friends with me.

5. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    We will be there Saturday morning fishing during the day. Not sure if we will put in at Clearwater or Beaver Creek. I need some help from you guys that fish there regularly. I have only fished over there 3 or 4 times for cats. Not looking for anybody's honey holes. Just a depth to start looking and whether to use perch or shad. I would like to drift but don't know how well that works on Wateree. Not really looking for monster size fish, although I won't mind if we catch one or two.

6. saguy

saguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I have had luck during the day in water around 35ft deep on shad and cut bream, around clearwater is a pretty good place to fish if you want some good eating fish. Maybe we will run into eachother on the water . Good luck.

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'll be there see yall saturday:wink:

8. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Hope ya'll wear 'em out Marty.

9. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks Jerry,I am still trying to get your old man fishing more,he just says he is too busy but I keep asking.

10. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Where are the stripers being caught?What depth & lures?

11. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Jimmy most of what I have heard and it hasnt been much is that the few that are being caught are down in the Honeyhole area between Colonel Creek and Clearwater Cove tightlining with live shiners in the river channel from 15 to 30ft deep,as far as lures and schooling action I dont know,i did read one report of a guy who caught some schooling over the weekend right at dusk with some swimbaits

12. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc

Marty i appreciate ya trying to get him out on the lake,i wish the ol' man would just take the time and go with ya'll sometimes.They coming out to the house in a couple weeks,and i'll have to get him out and do some flounder gigging!

13. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well guys it looks like there is gonna be a good turnout so far:big_smile:,by my count and if the weather holds up,I am coming up with about 14 boats so far and that does not include the ones I dont know about or the ones that will just show up,so if yall are free Saturday Evening come on out and join us,you still have time to make plans or alter plans,hopefully we will have a pretty good bite going on for a good showing,see yall Saturday:wink:

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I would like to start this post off by saying Jeff,Charlie and Myself would like to thank everyone for showing up last night,it turned out to be quite a good little competetion to see who could bring the Biggest 5 fish stringer of cats in to the scales,we had 23 Boats show up,49 paying entries and 53 total counting the 4 kids that fished,wow that is a helluva turnout,Thanks Guys.We had a bunch of new folks join us for this one and many BOC members including Wyliecat,Billfish76,sarswamfox and his brother Russ,Katman1 and his wife and a few more that the names slip me right now,needless to say with the storm at the beginning and trying to weigh in all those teams at the end ,there wasnt a whole lot of room for conversation.
    Needless to say the area up in Cedar Creek was a little congested with boats as most tried there luck up in the river run and only a few chosing to head south towards the Main lake,1st place team Brought in 5 fish stringer of Blue Cats just over 90 lbs,2nd place was 68lbs,and 3rd was 46,I dont have the exact weights at this time,but there was some quality fish caught and a good time had by all once we got by the storm at the start that delayed the start about 30 minutes.
    Once again we would like to thanks all those who showed up last night for our little competition,we will be having the next one July 26th on Lake Wylie and it will be a night event as well.

15. saguy

saguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I really wish I could have made it, but we were running real late and wouldn't have made it..... glad you guys had a good time, i WILL be out there next time when it comes back to wateree!

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    We had a getting together with you guys and fishing. There were a lot of folks out there after those Lake Wateree cats. Seems like everytime I fish down there with you guys a thunderstorm follows us down the interstate!!! :eek:oooh:

Luckily it cleared out and we all had a good time out on the water. The bite was not spectacular, but about what can be expected on Wateree this time of the year.

I look forward to seeing you folks up on Lake Wylie next month for the gathering!!

17. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    It was kinda funny early on at the ramp with everbody setting in the trucks waiting on the weather to clear. You know everyone wanted to get out and start chatting, but all you could do was just look at each other setting there. I wander how many got a kick out of me & Russ changing a trailer tire in the rain. LOL :smile2: Luck just wasn't on our side yesterday. We did have fun catching a few fish. Was nice getting to see all you guys out on the water. Man with all that hootin & hollerin going on up & down the river ya woulda thought we were all having a big hoedown out on the water. LOL:smile2:

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Man with all that hootin & hollerin going on up & down the river ya woulda thought we were all having a big hoedown out on the water...."

I think that since the fishing was so bad people were cheering everytime they got a nibble!!! :smile2:

19. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yep JD they would have probably been laughing at me and Jeff changing a trailor tire also,but we blowed our tire out coming thru Fort Lawn{2nd time I have blown a tire coming thru there}and I want be coming that way anymore,then we get to the Bait man and he is out of bait,so that puts us further behind,then we get to the Lake and get greeted by a torrential downpour and wind,after that while Jef is taking care of signing folks up,i decide to go ahead and throw the cast net and try to catch some bait,1st cast i make and the rope comes right up my right side,hooks my cell phone,jerks it off and right in the lake it goes,I pull the cast net in saying a few choice words and low and behold my phone had landed on it,so at least it wasnt lost but still will have to be replaced,I was pretty darn mad by this time and it just kept getting worse once we started fishing with the poor results we had.
    As far as the hootin and hollerin goes,me and Jeff had a fan club up at the other landing by the bridge,seems there was some old rednecks up there that had been banned from a couple of Tournament series here lately and they kept calling our name and showing us that we were #1:confused2:,we appreciated all the fan support and waved at them as we went by,seems there fearless leader was missing from the pack,I heard he slammed his pontoon up against rock and split the front of one of his toons,must have been Medication induced:smile2:
    Anyway,with all the bad luck we still had a great time seeing all you guys and look foward to doing it again soon.

20. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Marty it sounds like you have my luck. Must be nice to have a FAN CLUB! lol