Lake Wateree 6-27-09 Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Jun 8, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    All right folks,I know its still almost 3 weeks away but its time to get the talk started on this Big Event,Yall get the ball rolling:wink:
    The Catawba Catfish Club will be having our 6th Tournament of the year and 1st night Event of the year on June 27th,Tournament hours will be from 6:00pm-1:00 am with weigh in starting at 1:30am,Rules/Schedule are at the bottom of the main Catawba CC page if you need to refer to them.We are hoping to break the 30 boat mark on this one:cool2:We have come close a couple of them this year and it would be awesome to accomplish it at this one,So yall tell all your Friends,Neighbors,Relatives,whoever,lets get em out for a good time and some great catfishing,Jeff and I will try to be down about 4:00 pm to start getting everyone signed up so you can get on the water and catch bait if you need to or just wanna hang around and shoot the breeze awhile.Remember to have all your running lights and what not checked out good before it gets dark,we dont want any accidents or mishaps.Also get there on time,Jeff and I are blasting off at 6:00 pm sharp with everyone else.
    Lets get a Roll Call going on who all is gonna make it and some predictions on Big Fish and Total for the 3 fish weigh in.Hope to see all the regulars out and some new faces as well.Dont forget to post those prefishing trips either:big_smile::smile2:

I am gonna go ahead and make my prediction without any prefishing,it may be high but why not dream big:

Big Fish-48lbs
    3 Fish Total Weight-108lbs :crazy::roll_eyes:

2. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i hope to be there, my guess

BIG FISH 49LB
    TOTAL : 113LB

3. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Team Fat Cat will be there and ready to put some slime in the boat :smile2:. I'm gonna say big fish 40lbs and 3 fish total 94lbs.

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Well I got my boat back!:big_smile:
    So, Team Smackdown will be there with a brand new rebuilt Evinrude ready to prowl the lake for Mr. Whiskers!:wink:

Big Fish:54lbs.
    Total:115lbs.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Pop Pop and Team Smackdown will be there!:wink:

6. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Can't wait. Hopefully Team Fat Cat can keep it's good luck streak going.

7. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    :smile2:you must mean team smackdown jr. it aint but one team smackdown boat and it might be in santee all that weekend

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I just got back from a 8 day trip to santee (came back 3 days early) with the full moon and the evening storms i haven't fished but about 6 hrs anyway) found the fish yesterday eve and a storm came in and run me off the lake:tounge_out::big_smile: Man the water is up down there, its up so high that i saw folks skin and tubeing in the mine field:smile2: if they only knew what was under them. So many alligators swimming around boats had to dodge them and the skiers were using them for ramps. The only way i kept my santy was thinking about the wateree tourney. Can't wait............oh the fish i found were around 95 bridge and i did finally land one about 20lbs, did see some guys come in from a drift fish on the lower lake that had coolers full, i just couldn't seem to get out there in the day hrs, man it was hot

9. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ill be there fishing carolina catman that morning at popular creek soon as it is over headed to wateree creek past 3 days have had 3 fish over 80lbs the bite has been good

10. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    3 fish over 20LBS. The bite has been good.3 fish over 80LBS. The bite has been GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile::crazy::cool2:

11. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    before one of the winter tournaments we fished and caught three fish stringers over 100lbs prefishing for three weekends before but only caught 27 the day of the tourney. So I am not making a prediction and hope the pendulum swings the other way for me this time.
    Ha Ha. See ya there.:eek:oooh::tounge_out:
    No prediction but all will be good!:cool2:

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    40+ big fish
    3 fish= 92lbs
    at least that is what i'm going to catch, can't speak for everyone else:smile2:
    Its going to be a good tourney

13. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Yep we're there weather permitting-evening storms been fierce here lately.:cool2:

Biggun'- 28 lbs.
    Total- 62 lbs.(Team Xpress):wink:

14. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Team Cat Tamer will be there. Wont get a chance to prefish cause we will be playing in the saltty water the weekend before.

I think Big fish of 38lbs
    3 fish total 92lbs

15. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Big Fish Of 62 lbs-3 fish total of 113 lbs

16. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Bros shootin for the stars with that Big Fish Prediction,Hope it will be landed on our boat:wink::big_smile:

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I seen a 70lb blue caught during a tourney on the Santee back in 99. So i guess 62 lbs can happen. To win big, you have to think big. I did manage a 50lb blue during a tourney on Monty a couple few yrs back, largest to date during a tournament and hoping for a repeat for the Wateree Big Fish Night. again, i can't wait

18. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yall just try to remember to get there as early as possible,I know it will be hot and humid,but parking is gonna be a issue with the number of boats that are expected especially with all the other pleasure boaters already being on the water at that time of the day.If any of you have smaller john boats or boats that can be easily launched with out too deep of water,we would encourage you if ya can to use the old ramp out by the bridge and then come over and register or you can even put in at any other ramp just as long as you come to sign in and launch in your boat and return for weigh in in your boat.Thanks in advance.

19. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    It's getting close!:wink: Me is getting cited!:big_smile:

20. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Me too, i can't wait so i think i'm going on down there and pre fish the rest of the week..........................never mind, the wife said i had work to do:confused2: maybe friday