Lake Wateree 6-27-09 Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Jun 28, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club had our 6th Tournament of the year Saturday evening on Lake Wateree.We had a record setting crowd come out in mid 90 degree weather and high humidity.In all we had 38 Boats on 88 participants.:wink: braving some uncomfortable weather for a total pot of $1760 and a $350 Big Fish Pot.The real big fish wanted to play hide and seek but as always a few fisherman got on some for a very competitive weigh in.Water temps were ranging in the mid 80s and anchoring seemed to be the preferred method for the big fish bite,drifting produced some good numbers for a few teams but the average was pretty low weight wise.Jeff Manning[Bowlerman] and his partner Micheal continued thier hot streak on this night,Seems as though his Lake Wylie horse shoe works just as good at Lake Wateree.Them men are on a roll.:cool2:
    I didnt get any pics of the Tourney,sorry about that,weigh in was pretty hectic with that many people and everyone was pretty much beat from the heat and humidity.
    Here are the final results:

1st-Jeff Manning[bowlerman] and Micheal ? 78.08 lbs and $880
    2nd-Coy Robbison,Dale Robbison,Malcolm Benson 53.12 lbs and $530
    3rd-Dean Birch[gottago] 50.10 and $350
    4th-Jimmy A. Morton,Jimmy C. Morton 50.06 lbs
    5th-Jason Readon and Chris Brannen 50.04 lbs
    6th-Cliff,Pappy and Trevor 46.11 lbs

Big Fish Winner-Jeff Manning and Micheal 39.05 and $350

We also took up a Donation for the Family of Ricky Granger who lost his life a couple of weeks ago at Lake Wateree.His wife Pam was in attendance and fished with GatorT.We raised right at $300 or just over for the family and we were proud to have her and several other family and friends in attendance as well,God Bless you all.

As always,Jeff and I would like to thank you all for coming out and fishing the tournaments.We will see you all in July on the 25th for the next one at Lake Wateree.Thanks again for a great turnout and the Blessing to the Granger Family.:big_smile:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    AMAZING turn out!! That is the most boats I have ever seen enter a locally sponsored tournament in the Carolinas.

With 3rd-5th being 50.10, 50.06, 50.04, aren't you glad you have a new more accurate scale? :smile2: Those are some close weights!!!:crazy:

3. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks team green for holding the tourneys , it aint a easy thing to pull off but you guys do a great job.

as for the fishing i followed my brain the first 4 1/2 hours without a fish in the livewell :confused2:, decided to follow my guts and set up in shallow water, and found a nice pile of big fish :big_smile:, last 2 hours caught a 25,39,14 and four more from 10-13lb :crazy: so it goes to show it aint over till it's over :smile2:.
    it was nice seeing everyone out there last night and i hope to see y'all at the next one.

Attached Files:

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like yall had a good tourny with a great turnout, was there any flatheads caught or weighed in?

5. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    another great tourney from team green,they even had the villiage idiot come out for entertainment at the weigh in......:smile2::smile2::smile2:...:angry:

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Didnt hear or see any Flatheads Last night Ronald,if someone caught any I missed it.

7. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Once again enjoyed it Team Green-next time i'll make sure to add at least 4oz. of water in the tub.:wink:

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks jeff & marty great crowd this time maybe 40+ next time and no flopeye at the next one and cograts to the winners :big_smile::big_smile: that was the slowest night ive had in a while maybe the horse shoe is mine next:wink:LoL

9. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great tournament team green. It's amazing that no matter how tough it is on the water someone always seem to find some good ones in yall's tournaments. Team Fat Cat will be ready for the tournament in July.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks again for the great turnout guy's and gal's.Congrat's to the winner's on some nice fish at the weigh in.Jeff Manning and Mike GREAT JOB ON FINDING THE FISH.This time of year its hard on Wateree to find a pattern that works day in and day out.For everyone else i hope everyone enjoyed there self and come on back on July 25th.

11. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty and Jeff,
    Thank you so much for all the hard work and time that you guys have put into this tourny. It was another success. Bowlerman - Thanks for the tip on where the bait was:big_smile:
    Team StumpGrinder

12. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats to the winners and to everyone else.We sat on some fish all night just could not get the big ones to bite.But I think we caught more fish than they were boats that entered,Now that was alot of fish.We had A ball thanks TEAM GREEN for an exciting turny.Team Cat-tastrophe may visit your turnys more often.

13. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for all the kind words Guys,as I said before,Its all you Guys and Gals that make em so fun to do:big_smile:.We could not ask for a better group of folks to have these with.It sure has snowballed this year into some really great turnouts.I hope they continue to grow.Wateree is a great Lake,I just wish there was more parking and lighting at Wateree Creek Access.More than likely next year we are gonna move the Wateree night Tourneys to Dutchman Creek Access,it will be more Centrally located on the lake and it has much better lighting and security cameras on their parking lots.Maybe that will even help keep one "village idiot" away anyway.Jeff has already spoken to the owner and he said he was ok with us having them there,It would be good for his business as well.
    Thanks again Guys for all of you guys support and friendships.:cool2:

I also meant to thank PopPop in my original post for helping out with the weigh in last night and also for organizing the Donation for the Granger Family.:wink:

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    wow! what a tourney. Wasn't in my hole but 30 min and hooked into a giant, fought the bad boy in the heat for about 10 min and he wrapped up on something. Never broke my line, i pulled and pulled till i was wore out, finally cut the line when i got to tired to pull. (sure missed my partner). I too later found the fish in the shallows and managed to get in a few. Wasn't even going to weigh in because i didn't think it was any use with all the nice fish i had seen. Someone came by and offered to help me to take them to the scales, so i did. Man, i sure owe that guy. Ended up with a few dollars. I knew it was close but i thought it was a few pounds, had no idea it was by a few oz's. I believe the winners were right below me, i heard there war cry when they pulled in the big one.:smile2: That heat and the waves off the pleasure riders pretty much beat me up. I was so tired that when i pulled out of Cedar Creek i started to take a left and go on home instead of the weigh in..............But.........i just had to see the finals. Went out again last night with my partner (he finally made it back) we ended up with 6 fish, one about 35 lbs, the others about 8-10. I believe tonight we will do better because most of the pleasure riders have gone. Its hard fishn when you got boats weaving in and out causing 10ft swells :smile2: well let me go, going to catch some bait. Thanks to the Green's for another GREAT TOURNY.

Oh, by the way, did i miss something, "village idiot" what happen????

15. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks Team Green for the great tourny! I had a great time fishing it, just wish the big fish bite had been better for us but thats fishing. Congrats to Jeff Manning on a fine win, also congrats to Dean Birch on his third place finish. No matter how many boats fish the wateree night tourneys Dean is always in the money, this guy knows how to fish at night. I believe next time I will just sit there and let all the boats go at the start. I got sandwiched between three other boats and it got pretty scary there for a moment. Kind of felt like I was in the pack at Talledega entering turn one, only 160 mph slower. Great turn out guys Team Fat Cat is already looking foward to july.

16. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Dean,"Village Idiot" is a reference to a person[thats being nice] whos name will not be called,its not hard to figure out though,just think"Toon From Hell","Liar","Cheater","Drunk","Ice Machine Beater","Claims A Lake Record that dont Exist".you get the picture:smile2::smile2::smile2: Actually He is not even wothy of conversation or the time it just took me to type this.:wink:Nuff said about That:eek:oooh:

17. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Congrats to the winners! I had the pleasure of fishing with Mrs. Sunbird in her first tourney. We found good fish but no bite! Around 9pm we got into some "fun" fish and had a blast catchin 2-5lbers, I think we caught 30+. She had fun and so did I.:wink: I did catch a 5lb. Bass while drifting a piece of Skipjack in 20':eek:oooh:. I'll post a pic of it.
    Did we have a BIGGEST Bass pot?:smile2::smile2: We will see all of ya in July.

Attached Files:

18. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Nice Bait You got there Sunbird:wink:,next time you need to shave and put a shirt on though:smile2:eek:r better yet let Mrs. Sunbird hold the fish and you take the pic:eek:oooh::big_smile:

19. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

20. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    WOW! What a turnout. Man that was fun we had a blast. We talked a few buddies into following us to the tourny and they had a ball as well. Anchoring seemed to work for us too but no big cats bit. Might have been our bait but the five lbers kept hitting. At one point we had 3 rods down same time, Jaybird was a big help then. Congrats to the winners & Jeff & Marty. Once again you guys put on a great tourny. We met a few new faces and got the see alot of the old. See you guys again REAL SOON.