Lake Wateree 4-25-09

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Apr 12, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club will be having our 4th Tourney of the year on Saturday 4-25-09,the Tourney will be on Lake Wateree with Wateree Creek Access being the Launch Site.Tourney hours are from 7:00am-3:00pm with 3:30 weigh in,3 Catfish weigh in,Do Not Have to be Alive but Catch,Weigh and Release in encouraged.$20 per person Entry,$10 optional Big fish pot per boat.
    You can PM me here or email me at catawbacatfishclub@yahoo.com for more info or rules and schedule,Hope to see some of you out.Turnouts on Wateree has been great this year,Januarys Tourney had 27 boats and Februarys had 23 with very bad weather,hopefully we can come close or even break the 30 boat mark this month with some good weather.
    Remember to arrive early and get signed up and get your boat launched for the blast off,this is a very busy time of the year on Wateree with the Striper run happening now also.

Ok,folks,Time to get your name in the pot on whose attending,Time to roll out predictions on the weigh in and Big Fish and talk some smack and see who can back it up.,its coming up soon.Yall be sure to tell your friends and neighbors,lets make this one the biggest yet.We will be there early to get everyone signed up.Yall help us out by getting your boats in the water as fast as you can and wait for the Launch so we all can blast off at 7:00am sharp,It ought to be a great bite by time the 25th rolls around.Yall talk it up and get the excitement started,I know I am ready are you?:wink:

2. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I heard there was a 50+ Blue Cat caught yesterday on the Lake:eek:oooh:,it bottomed out the guys 50lb scale:crazy: and he was looking for someone with a bigger set of scales to get it weighed and released,Do any of you know who caught it?I just heard it elsewhere and was wondering.

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    wasn't me, i been getting ready for the trip down there. We had to run to Boone, NC to pick up the wife's camper, clean it up, try and get my boat at least fish'able (been tearing out some old wood, trying to restore it somewhat) Its not finished by a long shot (can't stop fishn long enough)
    We on our way later today and hopefully we will get us another 50+ (landed 2 in the past yr from that lake) By the way, you wouldn't know the lake record would ya??? I heard of a 72 lb blue (didn't see it, but took the guys word) I'm going after him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

4. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I fished in cedar creek saturday, don't know the guy but he stopped to ask how big of a scale I had. My scale stops at 50lbs. Did'nt see the fish but thats a good problem to have. I cought some fish but not no 50lbers.:smile2:

5. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I know who claims he has the Lake record but thats about like Bill Clinton saying he didnt inhale,I wouldnt take his word for nothing,Come to think of it,both of ems name is Bill,if that gives you a clue,he claims his was 78.3,NOT:smile2:

6. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    28 lb's big fish-51 lb's total(am I too conservative!?):wink:

I'm hoping for overcast skies,no rain please,just overcast.We fished the last 2 in the rain-got me in the market for better wet gear$$

Can we have a poll on how many fights they'll be w/ crappie fishermen?!I say at least 1:smile2:.Come to think of it,I bet my net hung on a new brush pile someone put out!:eek:oooh:

7. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Although the crappie guys will be there in Big numbers,its not them I am as worried about,its all the folks down there trying to catch Stripers right now,we were down there last Saturday and there was probably 40-50 boats up in the river and all they seem to know is wide open from spot to spot,Thats one reson I say get there early and get signed up,boat in the water and parked,alot of folks use Wateree Creek Access this time of the year.
    My prediction for now and that may change depending on weather and rainfall in the next 12 days:

46 lb Big Fish
    113 lb 3 Fish Total Weight:eek:oooh:

Someone is gonna find em and find em good,I am hoping it is this half of Team Green since we are gonna be fishing seperate boats on this one.:crazy:

8. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I'll predict 51 lb. big fish and total weight of 116 lb for 3 fish.

9. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    I hadn't fished a tournament in, probably, 15 years. But my buddy and I decided that we were gonna try this one out. We used to place pretty good. E..v..e..r..y now and then we'd win one. But that's when I was on the water all the time. (For some strange reason, getting married and having kids just ate up my fishing and beer drinking time. Go figure.)

Regardless of if we win or even place, I'm just hoping to have a good time and meet some of the guys. And let's don't forget - catch some fish.

Looking forward to it. See y'all there.

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im looking forward to it. I think its going to be a good bite this time around.

Im going to say 46lb bigfish 87lbs total

11. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I'll be there for sure, can't wait!!! I'm gonna say 79lbs total and 47lbs big fish.

12. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Are any of you guys gonna Pre-Fish for the Tourney this weekend?Looks like it is gonna be real nice Saturday.:cool2:

13. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I will be down saturday doing some prefishing at wateree. I'll have my radio on channel 69 give me a haller.

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Done already pre fished and may go again. This will be any mans tourney cause the bite is on. I got a 80+ on 3 fish with the largest @ 40lbs on tuesday. Wd morning was almost as good except the largest closer to 28-30. We had a good week all but wed evening, seems they kind of turned off. I believe...................48lb big fish with 90 lbs total wt, also top 5 being close, real close. Wife caught her first big blue 28-30 lbs thurs night, man it was cool (she is from Boone, Nc, she thinks 40 degrees is cool) :smile2:
    Any of you guys wanting to fish your first tournament, you may want to give this one a try cause the fish are bitting pretty dang good and you may get to put one of the old pro's to shame
    Good Luck

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Oh! i almost forgot, count me in. Bring your paint ball gun for the crappie fishermen.:smile2:

16. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good Deal Dean,congrats on a couple of good days:wink:.Looks like we will be there Sunday AM instead of Saturday,it will be wild on Saturday with Striper and Crappie Guys:crazy:,so we gonna just wait till Sunday,plus it will be one day closer to tourney time.Hows the water looking?High/Low.Muddy/Stained?Most important,Where did you catch the fish?:smile2:OH I Know,In the Water.

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Actually when i went over the first bridge the water looked like heavy creamed coffee :smile2: so we drift up toward the starte park (well close, as i can tell you, hahahaha) but on tue. night i went up to cedar creek to check it out, water looked ok and was running like all get out so we fished it and did good. Thursday night we did good as long as the water was running. I will tell you this, largest fish came out of the running water on anchor. The water around the 1st bridge still looks like mud but cedar (rocky) creek looks good. I would tell you how deep the fish seemed to be biting but i better keep that to myself for now. hahahahaha ya guys are good enough to figure it out soon enough. Its going to be a good tournament and the guys that come on this site will have an advantage.:smile2: camping was great and it looked like i was the only one fishing for cats, you should had seen my neighbors eyes when they seen me pull them big cats out of the boat.

18. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Picture of Seth's 40 lb blue he caught tuesday night

19. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    oh yea, we tuffed the trip out of a camper. :smile2:

20. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    Marty,
    I met you and Jeff while you were pre-fishing the Feb Wateree tourney at Dutchman's landing. I fished with Cary that day. He talked to me about the Carolina Catfish Club and I decided to join this month. This will be my first tournament ever and I'm very excited.

I'm coming down in the morning to "pre-fish" the lake, even though I don't have a clue about what I'm doing!:smile2:

I'll be driving a red Nissan Xterra with a small white bayliner. If you see us out there give us a holler.

Can't wait for the tournament.