Lake Wateree 4-25-09 Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Apr 25, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club had their 4th Tournament of the year today on Lake Wateree,We had another good turnout with 25 Boats Competing for $1120 Total Purse and a Big Fish Pot of $240,The weather could not have been better,maybe a little cooler.I think everyone got a good start on their summer tan today.The small fish were very cooperative and the big fish were very shy today,many teams reported 20+ fish boated today,just all of em in the 2-4lb range.As usual someone always finds a few big fish as the results will show below.
    Thanks everyone for coming out again today,Our next Tourney will be on Lake Monticello on May 23rd during the day and then we return to Wateree in June for the first night event of the year.Yall start making plans to attend these events.
    Here is the rundown for todays event:

1st-3 Fish Total Weight of 64.30 lbs and 1st Place Money of $560
    Randy Smith and Randy Smith Jr

2nd-3 fish Total Weight of 54.35 lbs and 2nd Place Money of $340
    Harry and Jamie Dickerson

3rd-3 Fish Total Weight of 38.05 lbs and 3rd place Money of $220

Big Fish-32.55 lb Randy Smith and Randy smith Jr. and Big Fish Pot of $240

Below are few pics,please excuse the wrong Date stamp and quality,I was having trouble with the battery door on my camera not staying put:

Attached Files:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the prompt and interesting report, Marty. Sounds like a good turnout and good fishing for most.

3. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    a good tournment again by marty and jeff,we enjoyed it and seeing everybody again,and good to meet gator and bowlerman,see yall at monty:smile2:

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    good to see all ya guys, seen Team Smackdowns boat, sorry i didn't get to talk with them, maybe next trip. Good to see Smith on the fish, he always fishes hard and loves the sport.
    Nice boat Team Smackdown, kinda looks like mine :smile2: same company just different model.
    I can't wait till the night tournament, i just ain't cut out for the heat.

Again a great tournament.

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    when i first got to Wateree and seen the Greens taking up the money and signing up folks and even probably leaving last, i thought. Man they got a tuff job, even when they come in they have to weigh the fish and hand out money. Hats off to these guys for doing this each and every month, and doing a great job at it.
    Thanks to a Great Club

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    What a great day of fishing!!! Great tournament again Marty and Jeff and an awesome turnout. It is rare that you get that many boats in a catfish tournament.

Congrats to the winners and folks that placed!! :wink: Someone always finds the big ones no matter how tight lipped the big fish are.

I was fishing alone and had to work my tail off today keeping up with the fish and bait! I ended up with 44 fish, but the biggest three were not enough to get a check. Lots of fillets for the fish fry tonight, and enough for some freezer bags full too!! :smile2: I had so many fish in the live well that I had to start filleting some while on the boat!!

Lots of boat traffic, but that does not really bother me as long as they are safe. In fact, I think I get bit more when there is some traffic.

If all the boats had laying on the back what passed me yesterday, and I think Billfish and BlueDevil saw it too, I would fish all day long in that kind of boat traffic!! :smile2::tounge_out::eek:oooh:

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks Dean,Its Guys like you and the rest of the gang that make all these good tournaments:wink:,the crowds are good so far this year,27,23,8:confused2:[We gonna work on Wylie crowds,folks just dont realize what they missing] and 25 boats respectively.You folks keep showing up and we will keep having em,It does get hectic at times especially when its as hot as it was yesterday and everyone is beat from the heat.
    Yall come on down to Monty in May and lets make that one a great sucess as well.That first night one in June at Wateree ought to draw the biggest crowd yet,surely we will hit 30 boats or more at that one.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    BTW Marty, thanks for getting the results up the SAME DAY as the event! Folks noticd stuff like this, even if they are not at the tournaments.

9. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks everyone for the great turnout.Its a pleasure for Marty and I to put these tournaments on.Want to thank Jimmy Reeves for helping with the weigh in.Want to thank Carolina Catfish Club also for there support and getting the word out about Catawba Catfish Club tournaments.It was nice to see everyone again and meet some new faces.Congrats to the winners on some nice fish being caught.Hope to see everyone next month on Monticello.

10. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    hey marty with crowds like that i may have to come back to fish with y,all again sounds like you all had a great time

11. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Great tourny guys! Hats off to you for all the work and planning. Any time I'm there and yall need help with weigh in, signing up folks or what ever just let me know and I will be glad to help.

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Had a great time. It was good to see everyone and chat a while. Got to meet some new people and had lots of laughs and fun. See ya at Monty.

13. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    I'd like to thank Marty and Jeff also. It was my first tournament and I had a great time. My nephew had a blast also. It was a well run event and they deserve a slap on the back for making it happen. I'm definitely heading back down for the night tournament.

Wish I had more time to meet some of you guys. I didn't recognize very many people from the website until I saw some of your posts today. Dean I believe I was beside you that morning during the takeoff. I was in the white Bayliner. I'll have to stick around next time and say hello.

I'd also like to thank Cary-"Billfish", and Matt-"Bluedevil" for giving me some shad for bait. We used every bit of it that day and wouldn't have caught as many as we did without it. They're both true sportsman.

See you guys in June.

14. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Thanks Team Green for another fabulous event!:wink: Fishing was tough but lot's of fun. I will see all of ya soon!

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    yea i remember the white bayliner, i'll be looking at every one and trying to place there face to someone on this site, Its harder than it looks :smile2:
    The big fish was slow for me, seemed the little guys wouldn't give them a chance to bite, went to larger bait and the little devils would just bite them and hold on. I must have caught all the big ones on my camping trip, i bet next time i'll catch and release:angry:
    Still had a great time, lot of good folks