Lake Wateree 2-28-09 Tourney Pre-Talk

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Feb 22, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Ok floks,Its almost time for Tournament time again,Its time to roll out those predictions on Winning Weight and Big Fish and to also let us all know who will be there from the BOC on the 28th at Lake Wateree,Its shaping up to be another great tourney,We had 26 boats at Januarys and we are hoping to break the Big 3 0 this time witha little coperation from the weather,that would be an awesome accomplishment for a local run series,Yall go ahead and throw out your names to attend and your guesses on weights.
    Just a couple of other side notes from the last tournament,We had enough parking for everyone I believe at the last tourney,I know a few boats put in at different landings and came around to Wateree Creek to sign in,thats ok,we would rather have everyone at the same landing if possible but we understand parking restraints also,so if you wanna do that again thats ok,just remember you must leave from Wateree Creek in your boat at beginning and you must return in your boat for weigh in at the end.Wateree Creek has 2 landings the old one and the new one,the old one is still plenty good for smaller jon boats and such,so if some of you wanna use it that would be great,its only a couple hundred yards from the new landing and that would create some more parking in a big turnout.Lets all try to get there early and get the boats in the water and keep the ramp lanes moving quick,have your boat ready to launch when you pull up to the ramp,we had several boats still waiting to launch at start time last time,lets leave most of the standing around and BSing to after the tournament or after you have your boats in the water,we just wanna do this the most effective way to ensure everyone a same start time and a safe enjoyable Tounament.Other than that everything went great and we had a great tournament and a great time.Look foward to seeing you all this coming Saturday.:wink:

2. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    My guess for the Tournament will be:

Winning Weight[3 fish]-78lbs
    Big Fish-41lbs

I hope both are higher,time will tell:wink:

3. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    GL to everyone. I am going to sit this one out while I still get used to my boat, but will definitely be ready for the April tourney.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Is this an open tourney, or just club member tourney?

Bill in SC

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Matt and I will be there. I to hope the weather works with us and there is a good turnout again. Hopfully the big turnouts keep coming and some of the other series take notice and make some changes.

Bill, its a open event, there are no club dues to fish this series. You guys should come up and give it a try. First timers won it last time......

Im going to say 87lbs 3 fish, and 32lbs bigfish

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This tourney is open to anyone

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Team Smackdown will be there!:big_smile:

8. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Bill,As others have said it is an open Tourney,all the rules and schedule is in one of the other threads in this section,bring some of the Pee Dee guys up and give it a go,good time and good people garuanteed.

9. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    i going to say 65 total big fish 40

10. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I'll say 112 lbs with a 44 lb. big fish.From what I been seeing and hearing its very possible with 3 fish.

11. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Im going to say 89lbs will take it. Big fish 44lbs. Everything seems on fire at Wateree right now and I hope it will last. Some other guys I know on the lake have been tearing up the crappie, bream, and perch. The fish are getting more active and thats a good thing!

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will be there to make another donation.

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Two Birds in one boat! :eek:oooh:
    Lindsay and I will be there, making Team Samckdown history!:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

Hows about 93.5lbs for a total
    And 44lbs. for my big fish...uhm......."THE" big fish!
    Shaping up to be fun, looking forward to meeting all of you guys!

14. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Me and Damon plan on being there, I'm gonna guess big fish 37lbs and a three fish total of 92lbs. I have been fishing Wateree the past few months and it seems some days are hit and miss. Best of luck to all and hope the weather is good. Will see you all there!

15. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty
    Is there a limit on how many people that can fish from per boat?

16. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    No Limit Dale,the more the merrier,just as long as it is safe and within boating regs:wink:,just make sure Capt. Jim is one of em,He owes Me:smile2::smile2:,you need to make him pay your entry also,I think I remember him saying something like that last month:eek:oooh:

17. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Two birds chasin the cats-Sunbird and I are going to team up.
    Total-106
    Big - 40

18. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    OK

19. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    No limit on people on boat,but all have to pay unless they are under 15 years of age.Everyone on boat fishes as a team.Optional big fish pot 10.00 a boat.

20. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i plan on being there, my guess is 83 lb total and 38lb big fish