Lake Wateree 17th & Big Mon 18th

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Beaufort, May 18, 2008.

1. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Wateree was alot of fun saturday. My dad and I caught 20+ blues and channels none over 8lbs but alot of fun. Monticello was a different story. Alot of wind made for hard fishing. We did manage a 11 & 10lbers early in the morning and 6 more in the 1-3 lbs range.

2. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Monticello was terrible today , the wind blew so hard there was 4 ft waves. It was very dangerous in my little boat. My brother fell in the water when a wave crashed into us at the dock and then I eneded up wet trying to get the boat on the trailer. We did catch 4 small blues but that was it. Here is a couple of pics of the water I took from the landing and in the boat.:angry:

Attached Files:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the fishing trip glad to hear that you caught some cats, sounds like you had your self a good time and the fish was biting, good luck to you on the rest of your fishing trips.

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Brandon congrads on the catches at Wateree and Monty. I know ya had to enjoy fishing with ya Dad.:wink:

Chalk, In glad ya'll were Ok!!!!! The winds on Monty can dangerous! Double what ever the forecast winds are. If there calling for 15 to 20. you can expect 30 to 40 there.:wink:

5. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I forgot to look at the weather report before we went to monty, but I want do it again.

6. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    Glad you made it off Monty safely, It can be real dangerous with the wind that we had the last two days. Glad you caught the fish though.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Brandon, it's great that you go fishing with your dad - those are some very special times. And catching fish makes them even more special :big_smile:

Kevin, you really gotta be careful on Monty, as the wind can be very dangerous. I get so excited about going fishing that I often forget to check the weather first, and a couple of times I've had some good buddies call me to tell me not to go because of wind warnings (I've got a little boat too). You can pretty much count on the fact that the wind will be at least 50% more than the weather conditions say, so if it calls for winds of 15mph or so, I'd plan on going someplace else or wait for another day.