lake wateree 12/17

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nevets91, Dec 17, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    me skiff1 and kevinG went out to wateree this mornin. we didnt catch many but we did have the quality. both me and kevin caught or new PBs.
    his went from a 6pounder to a 43 pounder. mine went from a 30 pounder to a 53 pounder. both caught on fish:tounge_out:what a day! thanks skiff1 for showin us the ropes

Attached Files:

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice hogs congrats bet they were fun

3. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    You don't need many when they are that size. Congrats on those PBs.

4. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    It was nice fishing with ya ll, very good company to be around. I had a blast even tho i did not get a chance to brake my Pb lol.:wink:

5. Kevin G

Kevin G New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Boo yah! so glad that i finally got a nice PB. Only thing is i'm wore out from fighting it. :big_smile: Thanks a lot skiff1 so glad we could make the trip :big_smile:. Look out guys got some competition brewing here :wink:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats guys on the PBs, Had to be fun for sure. Thanks for the pics and report.

HOG city right there!!!

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Congrats on the fish guys. You should of had plenty of current up the river today. They were moving it out of Wylie hard all day.

8. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Way to go guy's,now thats some nice ones for sure.Some great pictures.Congrats on pb. :wink:

9. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    Kevin i just noticed your new signature thats funny:smile2:

10. Kevin G

Kevin G New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Lol. we definately gotta do that again sometime. Way too much fun for one trip :wink:

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'll take quality over quantity any day!! VERY WELL DONE and CONGRATS on the PBs!!

Bill in SC

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    congrats wtg guys. those are excellent fish and great pbs for you both.

13. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Great catch guys,Congrats on the new PBs.I know where yall were at:crazy:Thats 170 lbs in 4 fish that has come out that area,since Saturday,Jeff and I were about 50-75 yards from where yall are sitting.:wink:

14. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Awsome fish guys, congrats

15. Kevin G

Kevin G New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :crazy: oh noes the spot has been tainted! just kidding. At least now i understand the things to search for... but one thing is still a secret... the bait. :wink: If we make another trip we'll probably not over exhaust that spot, maybe we will stumble upon another honey hole. :big_smile:

16. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    lol, you not kidding Marty, Stevens pic tells it all. i just recognize that big monument in the back ground.:crazy:

17. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    congrats on two fine fish:big_smile:

18. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Believe this,Just about every fisherman that fishes the Carolina Catfish Club and Catawba Catfish Club Tourneys know that spot or the general area,it is definately not a secret,that spot will produce good fish maybe 6 or 7 trips in 10,the secret is to know when to fish it:wink::wink::wink:and what conditions warrant fishing it.:big_smile:You guys done great though,you hit it just right.JUst remember the conditions the morning:eek:oooh:

One other thing I will bet ya is,In January,at the first event of the year.Just about every boat that makes that left hand turn out of Dutchman will be on a path to an area prett close to there.:confused2:

Who has the Fastest boat?:crazy:

19. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    i know exactly what your saying hopfully i'll beat you to the hump:eek:oooh:

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The bait is NO secret. From what I have seen at Wateree, gizzards, perch, and crappie seem to be the best choices. I'm glad I have a quick boat so I can get to that left hand turn pronto! :wink:

BB in SC