Lake Wateree 11/29

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bioguy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. bioguy

bioguy Member

State:
    SC
    Fished from 1 till dark. Caught a pair of 15 blues on live shad in 20ft of water. Found some decent bird play around dusk and bagged 5 stripers all around 20-25". There was tons of bait but pretty spread out, hopefully we'll get some colder weather and the bait will ball up more and get the big blues schooling.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    thanks for the report,sounds like a good time,we will be down sunday around the honeyhole chasing the stripers,which end of the lake were you on?

3. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Thanks for that report.Couple of questions where did you put in at and was there enough water to do so. I had heard reports of the stripers running and some folks catching some. I am probably get down there next week to try it out. Tomorrow I am heading to Monticello. Keep the reports coming. Thanks again.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Jay - that's a pretty good day of catchin' :smile2: And welcome, Scott, to the BOC!!

5. bioguy

bioguy Member

State:
    SC
    We put in at Beaver Creek. There was enough ramp/water to put in but it was shallow with stumps, so im looking for another ramp for next time. Marked fish from the dam all the way to June creek, so the fish are pretty spread out still....just look for the birds.