Lake Wateree 1-31-09 Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Jan 31, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club had its 1st Tournament of the year today on Lake Wateree.22 bone chillin degrees greeted 26 boats and 54 participants for the 7:00am blast off.We were running a little late getting started with only 2 ramps and 26 boats trying to get launched but we managed pretty well.It was a cold ride for everyone to their favorite fishing spots.A swirling wind picked up later in the morning and made a mess of alot of folks tactics but as always you will have your folks that adapt and overcome some bad conditions.When we all gathered at 3:30pm for the weigh in,Team Smackdown had came to Wateree for their 1st tournament and pretty much blitzed the field with a whopping 90.5 3 fish total,they even culled 2 fish at the weigh in over 25lbs,a great effort indeed for those guys.Their big fish for the day was 38.5 lbs and good enogh for 2nd place in the big fish pot.The big fish for the day was caught by the team of Ron Baker/Rick Jackson with a great 41lb blue We appreciate the good showing today and was nice meeting the many new faces in the crowd.Sorrry to say SCCatfishing[David Young} and Harper81{Bill Harper} showed up and were unfortunatly unable to fish because of motor problems,tough luck guys and hope you will come back again.Here is the results and a few pics of the day:
    1st-90.5 lbs Team Smackdown{Bruce Edmunds,Steve Edmunds,Doug Crawford[pop pop]}---$520

2nd-52lbs Bobby and Scott Miller----$330

3rd-41lbs Ron Baker and Rick Jackson---$210 and $200 Big Fish Pot Winner{20 teams entered}

4th-40.5lbs Cary Vandenbrocke and Matt Barrett

5th-38.5lbs Johnny Woodward and Buddy Cole

6th-32lbs Jeff Green Robby Ayers

And alot of other fish caught by the other competitors

Attached Files:

2. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Here are a couple more pics

Attached Files:

3. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report Marty, glad you guys had a good turn out and a good tournament. Hopefully Judy and I will be able to fish a few tournaments this year.

4. katkatcher#1

katkatcher#1 New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Im glad to see such a great turn out. I hope to see the Catawba Catfish Club grow to be a well known/respected group in North and South Carolina. Hate im missed but im tired of looking at an unfinished pontoon.:sad2: Hope to have it up and running/rigged by next tourney:cool2:

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    It was my pleasure to meet and chat with many of the fine catmen that fished today and I look forward to next month for more of the same. The Catawba Tourneys are top notch! :wink: Marty and Jeff do and outstanding job and the participants are all about sportsmanship as I talked with plenty today, beacause Pop Pop likes people and likes to talk!:big_smile:

6. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Nice report of the tournament Marty,thanks for getting the results for us fellers that wasnt able to make it.I hope to have the prize bag going and mabey have a couple nice ones for the february or march one..

7. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I got your message Sam,I will call ya tommorow sometime in the afternoon:wink:

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats Team Smackdown, and all the other contestants!! Y'all did a HEAP better than I did today! :confused2:

Bill in SC

9. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    enjoyed fishing today ,in our first well run tournment good job to marty and jeff will post a few more pic tommorow

10. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Don't feel bad Bill, I worked 13 hours today! :eek:oooh:

Congrats to Bruce, Steve and Pop Pop for a job well done!

90.5lbs. WOW!!!:eek:oooh: That's a Smackdown!!:roll_eyes:

I hate I missed this trip but somebody has to care for the sick and downtrod. :eek:oooh::wink: I look forward to fishing with everyone at the next event.

Marty, I had several people tell me what a great job ya'll did to put this event together........Kudos on an awesome event. That's a great crowd and participation should only get better. See all of 'uns soon!

11. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Wow 90 lbs. Great job everybody. Sounds like an awesome tournement.

12. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    What a great tournament.Appreciate the turnout everyone.Congrat's Bruce,Pop Pop,And Steve on the win.Thanks everyone for making this tournament a success.Hope to see everyone again soon.:wink:

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Congrats to all the participants, and thanks to everyone that helped make the tourney happen. And way to go, Team Smackdown!!!!!!

14. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    a few pic of the great crowd

Attached Files:

15. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    nice job fellas i enjoyed the tourney , yall run a great tourney , this was my first but i am sure it won't be my last,

16. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats Pop Pop . That was a great day for you and Team Smackdown. I had fun even though my fish didn't want to cooperate and take a little boat ride. I must say that is was one of the best turnouts for a local tournament I believe I have ever seen Good job Marty and Jeff. Looking forward to fishing again with this outfit.

17. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    congrats Doug and Bruce that was a nice stringer yall had and thx to Marty and Jeff for a great run tourny as the weather improves should get alot more people.

18. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    ready for the next tourney congrats steve bruce and pop pop :wink:

19. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds pretty exciting guys. Thanks for the report Marty,,,sounds like you folks did a excellent job running things. Congrats to all who placed.

Hats off to the Smackdown boys, whata fantastic job...keep it up ; )

-Jim-

20. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great Job Team Smackdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be making a few of these this year myself. Looks like everyone had a great time and some great fish were caught.