Lake Wateree 1-30-10 Tournament Postponed

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Jan 26, 2010.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    With regret the Catawba Catfish Club has decided to postpone the 1-30-2010 Tournament on Lake Wateree.Due to the extreme high water and trash that will be floating in the lake.The Lake is at 101 right now and is not expected to crest until Thursday afternoon at 103 or a little higher.This will make for dangerous navigation on the lake.Boats will also not be able to get up under Dutchman Creek bridge[especially bigger CCs and Pontoons].This along with the wintry mix precipitation they are calling for will only make for an accident waiting to happen.We dont want anyone hurt trying to make it there or on the water.If you know of anyone that is planning on coming thatdoes not read the forums please do us a favor and reach out to them and let them know.

The make up date will be 2-6-2010 {the next weekend},Same Times,Same Place,hopefully the water will be back down some and most of the trash will be back to the banks.We appreciate your understanding on these dangerous conditions.See ya on 2-6 at Dutchman Creek.Thanks ,Marty and Jeff

2. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Moving the tourny to the next weekend is probably the best thing to do. If we get the wind, rain, and snow they are calling for that would be one tuff day of fishing. I would rather wait a week and fish an area because I want to fish there not because it offers me a break from the wind. Last I looked they were saying 12mph winds with 21mph gust, add high water and floating trash, one week later sounds just fine to me!

3. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    Smart call guys.see ya next weekend.

4. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    glad to hear it !!! me and WYLIECAT were talking about this today , i have fished wateree under the conditions we will have this weekend and the bite was ok but the water was as dangerous as i have ever seen and i fished the mississippi river in flood conditions . the problem with wateree when the water leaves her banks is there are alot of big floaters that are just under the surface and you don't see them till you feel them , and then it is wayyyyy toooooo late . great call guys

5. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks for the support.The water is to reach 103.5 to 104 by Thursday.Duke Power said it has'nt been that high since Hugo.Then it was at 106.At these levels the Landing will be under water.

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks guys see yall next weekend

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I'm not one to change tournaments for weather. Bad bite or not, rain or shine, I think you should fish in any conditions.

This however is an exception. When you can not get the boats in the water, or you can not get under a bridge to get to the lake, then those condition call for the tournament to be postponed until waters receed.

8. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Glad to hear it. I wasnt looking at making that one due to the drive and the chance of hitting ice after the rain and the over night temps Friday night.

Looking forward to the 6th. Hopfully things will settle down between now and then and the fish and weather cooperates.

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Team Xpress had the boat ready,but I was really dreading the tourny due to weather conditions-great call guys -see you next weekend!

10. b74

b74 Member

State:
    york sc
    Good call thanks for looking out for all our safety

11. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    sorry to hear you had to cancel because J.D. just got a new pontoon we were going to bring and try out , but I guess we will have to take it to Murray because our turny is on the 6th . Maybe on the next one we can fish it , hope everyone catches plenty of fish ,good luck guys and girls.

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC