Lake Wateree 02-26-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Feb 26, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I headed to Wateree today to do a little prefishing with a couple of friends. Buster1395 told me he wanted to prefish it with me and he wanted his dad to come. They've never been on Wateree. Chris had told me he wanted to get his dad on a good blue, So we let him have the first two slam downs and He caught some super nice fish! I worked an area and some spots that Bruce nor I have fished to see what I could learn. The end result was 16!
    4 super nice ones and 12 avg cats. Due to battery issues! [my fault for not changing them} I was only able to get a pic of one of nice ones Ken caught today. Looking forward to Sat.

Attached Files:

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    sounds like a great day hope the fish don,t mind getting wet saturday with the rain thats coming i know we as fishermen dont mind lol

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    HEY:crazy:,I know that spot:smile2:Thats a good un:cool2:

Good job guys,thats a good haul,I wish the weather for Saturday was gonna be half as good as today was.:tounge_out:

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good job guys. Hopefully you didnt put sore mouths on all the fish in your spot:wink::wink: See you guys Saturday.....

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    It was perfect fishing today, Saturday may be different but I hope not. Hopefully the wind won't blow too much.

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    It was perfect fishing today, Saturday may be different but I hope not. Hopefully the wind won't blow too much.

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I bet he had a super nice time!!

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I agree! I couldn't have asked for a better day. Sat is going to intresting with the weather moving in. The bite today stuck to the same pattern of early and often big bite and then gone! There seems to be a small window early for big fish. This has been this way for awhile, atleast for us. Hopefully the weather doesn't close this window for people as the bites been on fire in the early morning.

9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Doug, great trip man! Thanks for the pictures and report. Congrats on all the fish

10. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice catches of the fishies!!:wink:

Why did ya'll ride way down the lake to take that picture? :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. Yea we found four BIG fish tired up on limbs...SOmething funny going on down there.

12. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    That's a pretty good day of fishing right there! I've never been to Wateree, but it looks like I need to plan a trip! Congrats.

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good thing you didn't wait to go tomorrow because its going be nasty.