Lake Wallace 9/17/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bill in SC, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    A friend called and we decided to try 'em again at Lake Wallace. His young son had never caught a cat before. We had NO wind again. It would occasionally gust up, and then lie down as smooth as glass again. Really a weird night, weather wise. Nonetheless, the kid boated 6 cats, I think 4 blues and a couple of channels. These were again in the 3 to 5 pound range. Since he had never caught a cat, the biggest at 4 pounds 15 ounces was his PB!! We had a couple get off due to over anxious angling! :smile2: Always a pleasure entertaining friends on the lake. I was hoping for a whopper for the youngin, but it didn't happen tonight. We will do it all again, first chance we get. I'll be switchin' over all my rods back to river mode for this weekend's last peedeecatmaster tournament for the '09 season. With a little luck, Team Hardcore will be crowned with the peedeecatmaster points '09 championship. More on that Saturday night.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Bill - taking a kid out for a little smackdown time :big_smile: (what'cha doin' up at 3:48am?)

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <what'cha doin' up at 3:48am?) >

Just got home from fishin'!!! Be glad when the weather cools and the night fishin' is over. These weird hours keep my body screwed up. BTW: The kid did NOT have school today, thus the late night. We didn't start until after dark as he was on his deer stand until then.

BB

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Bill i would had said i know where you are fishn by your photo, but i don't even know were Lake Wallace is:big_smile: Its good to see other Top Cat fishermen taking kids fishn. Keeps them out of trouble. When we were kids i fish and hunted. Wish my brother had followed after me and not took the road he did:sad2:
    Keep them kids fishn and put them in church. They will turn out ok.:big_smile:

5. catfishjoey

catfishjoey New Member

State:
    VA/OK
    Amen brother. I really made some bad mistakes when I stopped fishing and stopped going to church.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009