Lake Waco, get there today!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by GMC FishHauler, Feb 16, 2007.

1. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    the fish were hitting hard yesterday from 4-7pm and i think they will be doing same today. Best blue catfishing i have ever done from bank. Pulled in about 10 blues only one over 10lbs. Had plenty of fish in freezer so catch and release only.

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Sounds like a lot of fun. What are you using for bait?

3. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    the shad i found in the bosque river

4. need4fishing

need4fishing New Member

would you think they would still be biting good sunday 2-18. how deep should we be fishing or should we be fishing bottom when we go. going to be taking shrimp along with variety of lures, and some stink bait. may stop off and get some worms too.
    had been wanting to try lake waco for some catfishing but never knew where to go to fish from the bank. only fished the spillway would you think it would be anygood this time of year?
    my grampa was wanting to go fishing this weekend was going to go to tp&l today but called it off due to the high winds.
    thanx for any help.

5. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i caught 5 today. Largest around 15lbs, 2 that were around 10lbs. one that was 7lbs and a dink
    i am going again tomorrow.
    all fish were caught between 2-5:30pm
    a fishin buddy of mine caught a 28lber at 9am but that was the only bite he had all day. he caught his on cut buffalo i caught mine on cut shad
    Do u have Corps of engineer annual pass?
    if u do go to airport park, if not call me at 6am
    (254)495-6726

6. need4fishing

need4fishing New Member

well my granpa wanted to go to tp&l still so we went yesterday, from around noon til 6. had a few lite bites, and saw about an 16" channel cat swimming down the bank infront of us within say 2 foot from bank. couldnt see any minnows any near the bank. the lake was the lowest i have ever seen it, 1 of the boat ramps was out of the water(thats were we fished since it would be deeper, then switched to the one that was still covered some). we talked to the people that had their boats out, and out of those 6 people, 1 guy caught 2 fish in 6hrs, but he said the fish were staying deep mostly in the 20' or deeper on bottom. we tried shrimp & shrimp w/ liver blood (livers never thawed enough), worms, and minnows. had them on bottom & 1-3 foot deep from corks.
    we were thinking of trying airport park or the spillway maybe this weekend or the next. hopefully we can catch something then besides the sunburn i always get when fishing.

7. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    went yesterday and had great day. i took my wife so i only fished from 8:30 to a little after noon.
    i caught 4 cats a 17lber a 14lber a 7lber and a 4lber
    i lost 1 at the bank looked about same as 14lber, he rolled off the hook
    2 broke off around 20ft from bank, i brought them in from around 70yrds out. one felt HUGE the other felt really good but not nearly as good as the first break